Hello

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
My current wife and I chase good winds and tides mainly. Looking at updating our present well travelled van and tow car.

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
We have a little new money burning a hole in our pockets. We're thinking of upgrading to our first NEW twin axle but we don't want an end bathroom. Our caravan quest has only just started and we're not overly impressed with what we've seen so far. Tow car, is another story we're looking for 4X4 reliability. We've been bitten with the present car and the previous one. Land Cruiser V8 would probably be my choice, but the ladies want something a little more pretty. So we're squabling.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
7.gif

Welcome to the forum, good luck in searching for your new van take your time and get what you really want,
it's out there somewhere
smiley-smile.gif

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Ta
Caravan will probably end up as the wifes choice. Saves on ear ache
smiley-wink.gif

Any suggestions for a 4 berth twin axle with midway,central bathroom layout would be appreciated.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Morning Gybe

Do take your time in choosing the layout. As money is not a problem may I suggest you choose the caravan first and then a car to match the caravan.
You need to decide what is the most important factor.
Is it a full width transverse bed or island bed at the rear?
Where does the bathroom and toilet rank on your wish list?
We did have a side bathroom and found it very cramped hence we now have a rear wash room, with fixed bed , lounge and kitchen.
There are numerous designs and layouts available, see PCv mag for a detailed list.

Good luck and do tell us all what you finally decide.

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
A new car is our main and first priority, we use the car for towing heavy boats and other stuff occasionaly, so a big grunty (reliable) 4x4 that suits those needs will cope with any caravan.
Centre bathroom that is not accessed via the main bedroom area is the priority. We now have a twin dinette TA with the rear end dinette set-up as our permanent bedroom. Central bathroom gives freedom for family or friends using the front beds or awning without disturbing our privacy. Choice seems very very limited and we don't want a 6 bed van for use mainly by two of us.

May 17, 2012
Visit site
hi gybe
if you want a big grunty 4x4 and total reliability you have to go japanese,i've never owned a toyota LC but i've met people who swear by them.i'm on my 4th mitsubishi shogun in 14 years and have never had any major issues with any. 2.5,2.8 and now on my second 3.2 auto,great tugs,upto 3.5 tonnes.only downside is a bit thirsty when towing but the new model is better on fuel.anyway good luck on your search

scouse272
57 plate shogun 3.2 elegance,2008 adria adora 612up

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gybe said:
My current wife and I chase good winds and tides mainly. Looking at updating our present well travelled van and tow car.

Hi Gybe, welcome to the Practical Caravan forum.
The Lawns caravan show is on next week and the NEC show is not far off so you could compare the various makes and models before you buy and get a good deal at the same time.
When you mention your current wife does this mean that you are thinking of trading her in at some stage?
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts