Hello.

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi. Ive Knowingly bought a waterdamaged American RV, with the intention of fully refurbing it. Im currently at the stage where Ive entirely removed the aluminium roof and all the rotten timber and insulation, also i have completely gutted the interior. Im looking for a forum where I can ask technical questions about a variety of things from Glues to heating etc.. Can anyone advise me if this site is a good place for these subjects. Thanks.

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi Bambam looks like you have a big job on your hands, especially with the size of the RV's. Although the link )Self Build Motor Caravaners Club) mainly relates to conversion of PVC's there is a wealth of knowledge amongst the members.
http://sbmcc.co.uk/

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Wow! Just "Wow" - and immense respect for your courage in tackling a project like that.
Welcome, Alastair.
I'm sure you'll find people here who'll have SOME of the answers, but I think you'll need to join several groups. The self-build one John mentioned will certainly be very helpful, as will the Classic Camper Club if they're still around.
And there's a Facebook group called Motorhomes and Campervan UK, with 12000 members - a lot of light-hearted banter, but there's often someone there who can answer even an obscure question.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts