HELP about the Shogun Sport?

Sep 1, 2005
Visit site
We are buying a new 6 berth twin-axle caravan and need a new towcar which would cope. We are looking at a 1 year-old Shogun Sport 3.0 V6 Warrior. My husband would also use this to commute to work (about 40 minutes of motorway driving). Can anyone give us their thoughts on this vehicle - both for towing and for commuting. Would really appreciate your input.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Drive one first, I did and I didn't like it at all. They are very cheap which is a big attraction but I could not live with one. I'd rather have a Frontera which is much maligned. But it is a personal thing, only you can make your mind up if it suits you and you find it comfortable then great.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Good advice from Paul, if you can get an extended drive with it (take it on the motorway, in town and along winding back roads) making a decision will be easier. These Shogun Sports are based on a commercial vehicle and although they look kinda cool, they don't ride and handle all that well. I too looked into getting one but was put off with the ease of getting in and out compared to some and the back to basics four-wheel drive. Try it, if you like it, buy it, but have a look around at others first. There are a number of very capable tugs out there for the same or less money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts