Help - computer problem.

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Wonder if anyone can help me. Some time in the non-too-distant past, whilst messing about in the settings of my computer for some purpose, I must have inadvertently ticked a wrong box, because I am finding that now, whenever I click on a link, it brings up my "My Computer" page. I haven't tried System Restore because (a) I'm not sure how long it was ago, and (b) I would also no doubt also delete the object I was trying to achieve when I made my mistake. Anyone know where I can find the box that I need to un-tick, please ?

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
If you are using IE or Firefox then this link will help you.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/hyperlinks-in-messages-not-working
For Chrome just go to Settings and set it as default browser.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Lolo,
you don't say what operating system you use - I use Windows 7 and this is how you set the internet home page tab on Windows 7
1.In "internet options" you can set your home page tab to what you want - Google,Yahoo etc you must have inadvertently changed your usual home tab to "control panel", You can delete this and enter your usual home page tab.

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I think this is a very common problem if you installed Google Chrome sand then removed it. Particularly if you are using microsoft outlook as your email. Quickest way to fix it is to reinstall chrome.
Hth's

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts