Help me choose a caravan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The story so far have owned 4 berth side dinette,parellel front caravans for many years, love the rear bathroom presently have a Challenger 530. Have 3 growing boys and I am now sleeping on the floor between the front bunks on an air bed. Wife is happy with this arrangement I am not. New caravan must weigh less than 2800KG , seperate shower cubicle like our present caravan, beds for all of us, prefer to sleep on single beds rather than make up a double. Boys are too young for a tent and too big for the upper bunks. I don't fancy sleeping in an awning. We caravan all year. Or can I make better use of the present caravan. I need a 4wd for work so don't want a motorhome as well?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have you looked at any of the twin axel vans with an end bathroom, fixed side bunks, side dinette and paralel seats at the front? The fixed bunk will take a large child, much more sturdy than the 'put up' ones.

There are now several with this layout, Avondale Argente, Bailey Senator Carolina, Lunar Lexon FB etc. Hope this helps.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't know the ages of your boys but boys tend to get to an age where they want their own space and end up in a small tent next to the van which makes life much easier for the family. We have a 530 but with 2 boys. The eldest only sleeps in the van on overnight stops.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts