Help needed quickly !

Apr 21, 2006
Visit site
I have just 'knocked out' the centre front window in our van. I was trying to widen the opening and the whole top has moved ! Is this something hubby is going to be able to fix easily or is this a big job? We are supposed to be going away tomorrow. I hope I haven't broken it. Please help.

Alice

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alice , its hard to visualize what you are saying.

What make and year is your van?

Is it just the window that has moved or is it the frame as well?

Brian. (",)

Apr 21, 2006
Visit site
Hi Alice , its hard to visualize what you are saying.

What make and year is your van?

Is it just the window that has moved or is it the frame as well?

Brian. (",)
Brian,

Thanks for replying, it's an Elddis Cyclone 1995. Looking at it from outside, I can see that the aluminium strip above the windows, is out of line above the centre window. It's almost as if I've popped the whole window out! Is this possible?

thanks

Alice

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Alice, is you van like this
0017-Elddis-cyclone-gtx.jpg

Apr 21, 2006
Visit site
12:21 PM Brian,

Thanks for replying, it's an Elddis Cyclone 1995. Looking at it from outside, I can see that the aluminium strip above the windows, is out of line above the centre window. It's almost as if I've popped the whole window out! Is this possible?

thanks

Alice

Apr 21, 2006
Visit site
I've just stood on the step to get a closer look. It seems like there are actually 2 strips. The top one nearest the roof is one piece, the bottom strip which is nearest the top of the window is in three sections. It is the middle section of this piece which is out of line.

TIA

May 4, 2005
Visit site
The one the window actually hangs from.

I would say that for this come loose could be one of two things.

1. you have put too much pressure on it to open the window and pulled the screws out.

2. The screws were not holding the strip in correctly, possibly because they have rusted away.

I am by no means an expert and I'm sure those on the forum who are will comment later but I would suspect that there is a bit of damp in the front above the window which has caused the fixing screws to rust away. Look at the screws for evidence of this .

You may be able to refit using slightly thicker screws for now or even drill holes in different places to get a good fix.

Hopefully someone will post later to prove me wrong ;O)

Brian (",)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Alice can you Take the Rubber out of window, its fitted in the Alloy strip put it in hot water and then push the window back into the Alloy strip I have the Same caravan as you and that 15 how I fixed it

Apr 21, 2006
Visit site
Brian - thanks for all your help so far

Dave - I hope it's that simple

I'll have to wait for hubby to get back home. I'm hoping he'll take one look at it and say it is a 2 minute job, but I'm not so sure :(

I'll get back on later and let you know how it went.

Alice

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alice, just had a look at my 2003 Elddis and see that the window "glass" fits into the strip in a groove which is serrated to stop it coming back out. Hopefully it is this that has come adrift ;O). If it is were the strip fits onto the actual van then I'd stick with my first thoughts . Let us know Brian (",) .

Apr 21, 2006
Visit site
Sorted!

Many thanks for all the help. The window is now back where it should be. I'm not sure why it came adrift, but my other half is happy that all is well now.

Thanks again

Alice

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts