HELP! Needed to advise best way to clean my shed......

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Never thought I would need to ask this question after many years caravanning but here goes...
We have a 4 years old Senator 5 series we have had from new. This year collected from storage and gave it the usual shampoo including roof (very proud of this since am 73)
However have noticed a tendency for streaks to appear below the "Senator" graphics both sides of the van. All my efforts to remove these have so far failed using many proprietary cleaners such as Auto Glym cara cleaner, Silky, Mer, Drywash, Fenwicks Cara cleaner and Bobby dazler, Triplewax car shampoo.
Just about ready to move on to something more drastic like T cut etc!
Also got similar problem but totally different if you know what I mean in two areas where my Isabella porch awning leaves grubby scuff marks on the van side.
Now I know there are a lot of folk out there who are experts in the art of caravan cleaning so could someone, particularly with a Senator kindly give me a heads up for the product/technique that would help.
Many thanks in advance

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We removed ours with 'Black Streak Remover' - not the Fenwick's one which is expensive - but one sold by our local dealer. It does work, and once the caravan is covered the black streaks don't come back.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Try undiluted Fenwicks caravan cleaner applied with a mutton cloth and elbow grease to lift the streaks before washing them off. If this fails a good car polish such as Autoglym should shift the streaks because the polish is slightly abrasive but not as harsh as T Cut.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts