Help - Noseweight On New Van Too High

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mel it wasn't me and the van was tucked up at home on that date with the gas bottle complete with seal in the garage surrouded by electrical equipment and next to the unused and sealed room heater also with Calor bottle.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I feel I am obliged to comment on what are dangerous activities. Having seen the devastation that gas leaks can cause, and being aware of some of the legislation surrounding safety issues, I would be negligent if I did not point out what is a dangerous practice.

RogerL suggests that a private individual is not obliged to comply with the safety aspects of carrying gas bottles. Whilst many people do ignore the regulations that does not make it right or safe, and as it is safety related, any prosecution would be under Health and Safety legislation and is subject to the criminal code, not the civil code.

It is simply not sensible to carry gas bottles in an enclosed car.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John

I just don't agree

Thank you for making the point about safety but I fail to see how anyone can get a gas bottle home without using a car unless they employ securicore.

We don't have to agree

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I think it's great the way these forums start off with a fairly sensible question, like this one on nose weight and then degenerate into a rant about something else like gas safety. We all know gas can be dangerous but so is crossing the road, driving the car and even making toast - can we please stay on subject. If the H&S brigade want to get out of their tree then give them a topic all of their own.

Mar 21, 2007
Visit site
I think it's great the way these forums start off with a fairly sensible question, like this one on nose weight and then degenerate into a rant about something else like gas safety. We all know gas can be dangerous but so is crossing the road, driving the car and even making toast - can we please stay on subject. If the H&S brigade want to get out of their tree then give them a topic all of their own.
Dave,

Quite right. So long as you take sensible precautions - ie tighten nuts and ensure any washers are replaced regularly you will be as safe as you can reasonably be though you may be illegal! Next thing, someone will be telling me I shouldn't buy petrol for my lawn mower at the local supermarket and transport it home in a (pathetic) red plastic can in the back of the car! It may not be recommended in the H&S manual but I'm not walking all the way to the nearest supermarket and back home with it in my hand - someone might decide to take a pot shot at the can!

TRENDING THREADS