help please with battery

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
hye. any advise, i just had a motor mover fitted to make life easier. My problem is when we leave the caravan at the storage site we have to disconect the battery. on our van (the sprite alpine 2) you cant disconect without slideing the battery out,this proves to be very awkward as there is not much room between each caravan. i wondered if there was any sort of switch i could have fitted instead of having to remove the battery terminalls. Any advice would be gratefull as were new to touring.

thanks

wayne

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Wayne,

Most caravan movers are supplied with a isolating switch, The same type of switch is available from most caravan service centres. For ultimate safety you should isolate both wires to the battery so you might need to purchase two switches.

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Wayne.

We too have a problem with space to get to the Isolator Switch.

My solution was to fit a 160Amp relay and a new switch.

Now the techie bit.

All parts bought on Ebay. 160amp relay, 200amp fuse and holder, Switch and housing, 1.5mm FLEXIBLE cable and clips, a handful of spade connectors, 2 Hours

I disconnected the old switch and replaced it with a relay and a 200Amp fuse, the battery supply is now run to a new Isolator and water-resistant housing, located near the front and on the opposite side, but of course it could go almost anywhere.

In operation i arrive to get the caravan out by lifting a small flap putting the key in, switch on, press the remote handset to activate. and out it comes. wife says "Tell him to wind up the stays FIRST".

Good luck .... Tom and she who must be obeyed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts