Help re awning for Lunar Quasar 615

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi, we are downsizing our awning and want a Isabella Magum. I know the width is 3.2m and I have measured from the front side window across to where the back dinette window starts. I clear the measurement with about 2cm to spare. When the man at Highbridge caravans looked this up with Isabella he said that they say the awning will hit something ie window. Our van is in storage now and I doubt that I can 'try before you buy', so does anyone by any chance have this van and this awning or know a man that does. Thanks Denise.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
Put in a new post FAO Happy Lappy he has one of these vans but probably has a different awning.

I guess you are talking about a porch awning and ours will always have part of the awning running over a window or something wherever you put it, we just do not use that window (normally the window is behind our bunks anyway).

We have found that by closing the window onto the edge of the awning it can help keep the draughts down

Our van is a Corona 636 so similar in size to yours.

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
Denise,

In reply to Jeremy's Lad, yes I do have the same van as you (Quasar615), but I have a compact Porch Awning for weekend use and I use a full awning for any trips that are over a weeks duration. As JCS states, yes it will cover a window, but thats not to say it makes the inside of the van dark.

Best regards, Martin

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Happy Laddy when I measured the van it was about 2cm over the width of the magnum and that is leaving the front side window uncovered and the back side dinette window uncovered so the awning would cover the door and kitchen window. The magnum says it is 3.2 wide but the only way I can risk it is trying one out and I don't know if I would be able to return it if it doesn't fit. Denise. By the way do you get the strip coming off where the wallpaper joins, I tried to stick them back but nothing seems strong enough. Any ideas?

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
Denise,

Our caravan is a 2005 model and yes the sealing tape is coming off. Since we have had the van, we've had the door window fall out, this was replaced with a new door under warranty and the sealing tape renewed, again under warranty.

These were known faults, but Lunar don't contact you, they just replace when you complain (if your warranty is still valid). Last year in Spain the Regulator packed up, again a known fault but cheaper to replace myself, than to drive 50 miles there and back to have it replaced by an authorised dealer.

Lunar have advised us to have a full service and list all complaints befor November 2008, as this is when the warranty expires and they will rectify any faults, or replace any thing we are unhappy with (like the cupboard sealing strips, which have been cut too short).

Some people will ask why did we buy the van in the first place, but to be honest it was the only van that offered us the layout we liked and was light enough to be towed by our Renault Espace,

best regards, Martin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts