Help required please caravan dealer

Apr 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi all has anyone delt with Hampshire County Caravans please the reason i ask is i want to purchase a caravan from them but i live 4.5 hours travel time to get there, and i dont want a wasted jorney thanks regards mark

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Mark

That's a 9 hour round trip!!

What happens about warranty work etc?

Call me old fashioned but I prefer my dealer a lot closer to my home. It makes my own life easier!

Anyway good luck to you.

Cheers

Alan

Apr 9, 2007
Visit site
Mark

Call me old fashioned but I prefer my dealer a lot closer to my home. It makes my own life easier!

Anyway good luck to you.

Cheers

Alan
Hi Alan

thanks for you reply i am limited to weight as i only tow with a Focus tdci and the caravan i was after cant find local.

Tried dealers near me and private adds but with no avail.thanks Mark

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Mark

Anyway good luck to you.

Cheers

Alan
I understand Mark,

Such a shame you have to travel so far.

What are you after, Forgive me being nosey!

Cheers

Alan

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
Mark,

I had exactly the same problem as you've got.

The Caravan that suited our needs in terms of weight and layout, could not be found locally as a new model had just come out that year, which was heavier than the previous years.

I live in Bristol and knew through the dealers website that Campbells of Preston had one of the previous models in stock.

When we went up and collected it and were reassured by the dealer that any warranty work could be carried out by any authorised Lunar Dealer.

All our warranty and service work are carried out by Davans at W-S-M which is only a 60mile round trip for us.

All I can suggest is that before you part with any money, make sure you can have any work carried out by the nearest authorised (Caravan Manufactures) dealer to you,

best regards, Martin

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
They are down the road from where I live. Have never dealt with them but if you would like me to go and look for you at a specific caravan more than happy to do so.

Apr 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi John many thanks i live 4.5hrs away found another van a bit nearer to me i will look at first, and will let you know how i get on regards mark.

Apr 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi John took the plunge and travelled to Hampshire to look at the Bailey Discovery 2006 it was worth the 9 hrs round trip, perect van not a mark on any of the panals and came with a full service history. Mark

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Mark

Ae you the one who discovered the crack on the front panel?

Unbelievable. What a pi$$er and disappointment. Hope you get your money back quickly.

Cheers

Dustydog

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Jo-anne

I wondered that too. Remember the cracks in the Comet aircraft.

That said the crack Mark refers to doesn't seem to be in critical area nor do we know if it is merely a surface crack or what. Any "crack" experts out there?? Can The dealers or Bailey offer some thoughts here?? LOL.

Cheers

Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts