help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! satellite tv

May 3, 2005
Visit site
please can anybody advise on which satellite system is best andbreasonable. we are going to the caravan show at earls court and would like to purchase one there........thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look on www.ukcampsite.co.uk

Do a search under Caravans for Satellite TV in the Van.

There is a lot of information.

Also look at http://ntlworld.com/de.sullivan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look on www.ukcampsite.co.uk

Do a search under Caravans for Satellite TV in the Van.

There is a lot of information.

Also look at http://ntlworld.com/de.sullivan
Have a look under "Equipment" on the forum.

I have just made a posting on the thread under "12v tv help!!!" that has the link to Satellite TV

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we have a sky digibox and their freeview card , which is like terrestrial freeview but slightly different channels, but bbc itv c4 and c5 are all on it so no subscription with a 66cm dish which will work all over europe, cost was about

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stuart if you look on David Sullivan's website(the address I gave earlier) it shows you the map of Europe with the Sky satellite footprint.

The short answer is you are largely OK to the South of France but Barcelona onwards you need bigger and bigger dishes.

The further south you go the more you have to tip the dish back (again Davesul gives data)

Apr 2, 2005
Visit site
If you only want "free to air" channels then, apparently, ITV, Channel 4 and 5 are joining BBC early in 2006 and you will no longer need a SKY receiver or card, any digital receiver will do. Lidl were selling a "cardless" free to air set for

May 12, 2005
Visit site
I would say that the best system is the Oyster auto seek, I had it fitted when I retired, it has certainley saved a lot of agro when trying to find a signal in france and england, not cheap but the best by far.

TONY A.

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
I would recomend Road Pro ( no connectin with them) they have an excellent website and their delivery is first class. Their range covers all budgets and their help leaflets are exactly that - helpful. After using a ground mounted tripod with a simple led sat finder for two years I would make the following comments - to save money use your home sky box or buy a seperate freeview box (so cheap now) but remember the freeview won't work in most of Europe.

Sus the site layout before pitching up making sure you have a clear view to the east - it's very frustrating to find you are blocked by trees once the steadies have gone down and you have unhitched! Consider a roof mounted dish if you can afford it as I have been caught out a couple of times with a ground dish having no line of sight over hedges etc.

I find patience and being methodical gets you tuned in quickly - give the digi box at least 5 minutes with the power on before you expect it to find a satelite, use a compass and rotate dish anticlockwise from South to just past East with a satfinder connected.

Lots of luck and have fun.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As Swiss Tony would say

"Finding the satellite is very much like making love to a beautiful woman"

You have to take your time and move slowly until you get the knack !!

Apr 27, 2005
Visit site
2 answers. for really good information try www.satcure.co.uk.

For a good satellite system try www.brymar.co.uk. They sell a complete system (without digibox) for about

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts