Help with Hot Water

Aug 15, 2018
Visit site
I have recently purchased a 2007 Ace Supreme Globestar and am having trouble with the hot water. I do get hot water, but after a few days all I get is cold water through the hot water tap (no sputtering, full power water, but cold). I then have to disconnect the van from the mains power and restart everything for the hot water to kick back in again. I have tried gas, but I keep getting the red fault light after about 5 or 6 seconds (the gas is on and the cover removed outside). I am new to this and am wondering what I am doing wrong? Again, seems water is in the hot water tank as water is coming out of the taps, but its like the element is cutting out as it is hot for a few days and then runs cold.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
When you pull up on site and connect up to electrics and then you connect your water up and start to pull it through make sure that your hot water switch is switched off at the element otherwise as soon as you hook up to your electric your heater is on but heating nothing up and cutting out as possible why so the best thing to do is bring your water through the system give it 10 minutes or so then switch your hot water switch on if you have this option . And reverse when you go to leave a site , make sure everything is switched off so that you are starting from scratch next time you go away .
hope this helps.

Craig

Aug 15, 2018
Visit site
Thank you for taking the time to reply. How do I turn the hot water on/off without disconnecting the entire caravan? Also, I am permanently connected as we are living in the caravan at the moment, so I did have hot water for about two weeks and then it just started running cold. I unplugged the entire caravan and when I plugged it in, had hot water again. Then, about a week later, same thing - no hot water and only cold coming through the hot taps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts