Help with layout

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I am looking to move on from a caravan and would prefer a 4 berth low profile with a rear lounge and front dinette with at least two forward facing travelling seats to take the grandkids.
Can anyone suggest a make and model that utilises this layout as I cannot find one on any dealer sites.

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi, and welcome to motorhoming!
If you look near the back of a copy of PMH (p123 in current September edition) you'll see every conceivable layout listed, and given a number. "Front dinette and rear lounge" is layout no 20.
A few pages further on, every NEW model on sale in the UK is listed, and each one has the "layout no" against it. Look down the list and there are one or two with "20."
Horizons Ikon if you're after a van conversion (and I can vouch for their quality), or three of the Auto-trail models for a coachbuilt. There's also a Bessacar, and a Hobby listed there. I've not been through the whole list, but there are probably a few more there too.
At least it gives you a starting point - enjoy your search!

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The 4 berth vans I've seen tend to have either a front dinette or rear lounge but not both. You may have to look at a 6 berth.
In addition, many 4 berth vans have an overcab to sleep two people so that the dinette/lounge can still be used for seating after children go to bed and before adults do.

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
That's definitely your next step Mac!
smiley-laughing.gif

But seriously, just before you do, make sure that this change is the right one for you (vehicle, not just magazine!).
Broadly speaking, motorhomes/campervans are at their best when truly TOURING, ie moving on most days and "doing" your holiday during the daytime, in between overnight stops. Maybe a couple of nights in one place sometimes.
Caravans work best if you want to set up a base for a while, which you'll return to each night from wherever you've been during the day.
Obviously, no-one does EXCLUSIVELY either one of those patterns, it's a matter of which you want to do most of.
Even I, inveterate nomad, sometimes stay as much as a week in one place! But if you expect to do that most of the time, changing to a MH may not be your best move.
If motorhoming is right for you, you'll soon wonder how on earth you ever put up with all that towing and "setting-up" everywhere. But if not, we'll hear from you again before long, asking how you go about towing a car behind your van!
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts