Help with unknown switch

Apr 12, 2018
Visit site
On my Ace Award Brightstar caravan, inside the battery and mains hook up compartment I also have a red place turn handle. My caravan manual is a generic one and does not show this particular model.

I do have abphotograph, but I’m not sure how to upload it to this post.

Regards Robbie

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Has your caravan got a mover on it as with mine, my mover key is red and is kept in the battery bit where you would put your electrical cable ? Mine is kept as so that I do not lose it. It is permanently tied and secured in there.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
As Craig says, its the isolator for your motor mover. I have exactly the same thing.

Your manual wont show it, but the bumph from the motor mover will.

If you dont have a mover, it may be there for future fitting of one, or if your van is second hand, the previous owner may have removed the mover which is common practice when you sell a caravan. Well, at least it is for us tight wads.

Apr 12, 2018
Visit site
Yes I have a motor mover and yes I’ve turned it on and I get a lump sound when I engage the red handle thingy. Thanks guys. Another question answered. I love this forum

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Have you a control for the mover ? If so , test it , don't engage the rollers as they should spin freely then you'll know it works.

Craig

May 24, 2014
Visit site
And if it doesnt work, some movers will require the handset to be paired with the box, there may be a button on the side of the control unit, similar to WPS on a router or such.

Good ere innit :p

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Yes if you can get WiFi on the campsite, we often have questions from people who are away and have a caravan malfunction.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
If you are ever stuck on a site with something just go and ask someone, I have before & I am sure it will happen again ! Just carry a lot of beer and wine for thank you's !! ;)
Enjoy your first trip away

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Longhaul,
Make sure you disengage the rollers before you attempt to pull off. A good piece of advice I was given when I had mine fitted was to leave the wheel brace on the drivers seat whilst you are manoeuvring the van onto the car. This way you will always know you have to disengage the mover when you sit on the wrench.
Regards,

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Someone also suggested to me to put wrench on drivers seat and I’ve done so every time since and without a doubt it’s saved me wrecking the mover and/or my tyres, one of the best tips I’ve had since starting.

BP

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Beehpee said:
Someone also suggested to me to put wrench on drivers seat and I’ve done so every time since and without a doubt it’s saved me wrecking the mover and/or my tyres, one of the best tips I’ve had since starting.

BP

Ditto B) B)

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Spelling is perfect :cheer: His typing not so :p
https://www.theakstons.co.uk/our-ales/permanent-cask/old-peculier/

Old Peculier probably owes its origins to this. The name pays tribute to the unique ecclesiastical status of Masham as a ‘Court of the Peculier’ and is also reference to the strong characteristic of the beer! For many years it was affectionately referred to as Yorkshire’s ‘Lunatic’s Broth’.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Thingy said:
Spelling is perfect :cheer: His typing not so :p
https://www.theakstons.co.uk/our-ales/permanent-cask/old-peculier/

That's just what I want to see before a training session at 6:3o in the morning ; a nice pint !! Cheers :lol:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts