Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
I've just managed to get an extra weeks holiday in October. We are staying at Stanwix Park for 5 nights (Lake District), so i now have another 5-7 nights spare after this before heading back north. I don't want to travel too far South from Lake District, so looking around N England,

Gavin.

PS, dates are 14th-20th October.

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Angus, looks like a nice area. We might head back up North now for the second week. Oban is a place i've always fancied going to, so i think thats top of the hit list for now,

cheers,

Gavin.

May 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi Gavin,

Oban is a great place - one of my favourites. CC site at North Ledaig is excellent with every van getting a sea view. Toilets/showers to usual impeccable club standards. Good site shop. Sunsets over Mull are spectacular!

The Divers site is closer to the town and a good site and there is a site at Ganavan Sands but this would not be my choice.

The town of Oban has a lot to offer - leisure centre, swimming pool and a cinema for wet days, good range of shops and, of course Oban is a main ferry terminal for CalMac so that there are a number of opportunities for sails or cruises - as well as a number of small boat cruises to see seals etc.

Make a point of visiting the caravan accessory shop in Benderloch, a couple of miles up the road from Ledaig. Its an Aladdin's cave! I was in there once and the customer in front of me was telling the owner that he always knew he would find what he wanted there. I said that I knew I'd always find something I never knew I wanted!

Enjoy Oban.

Rob S.

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
If your going back up north, Oban is excellent, everything posted about it is spot on. also have a trip down to Easdale and Seil island whilst you`re there, and also down to the Crinnan canal if you get chance. Lucky boy, It`s brilliant.

TRENDING THREADS