Aug 15, 2009
Visit site
roof light blew off last night! we drove home late last night and noticed this morning that blimmin rooflight had come off just the small one thank god, any advice for fitting and buying one think its 28x28 bailey ranger 2006. thanks

Nov 4, 2008
Visit site
Hi Lauramumof3. The roof light is a relativley easy job to replace, (WAIT FOR A GOOD DRY FORECAST) undo the screws on the inside facia and remove, then up on the roof tease the outer frame away from the roof whilst inserting a plastic cooking spatula or similar non scratch item between the roof and frame to break the seal. If the roof light has been sealed previously with a oil based caravan mastic then it will tease off easily, but , if it was sealed with the ever popular Sikaseal 221 which is a flexible sealer AND adhesive you will have to cut the sealant with a sharp knife to break its hold. New roof lights are cheap enough and are about

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Not ever faced the job myself but surely you can simply replace the parts lost and damaged without removing it all.

I took one of mine off once to clean it properly, but it was a bit fiddly so never repeated the job.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Not ever faced the job myself but surely you can simply replace the parts lost and damaged without removing it all.

I took one of mine off once to clean it properly, but it was a bit fiddly so never repeated the job.
I meant to say that I took the "top/cover part" off once.

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
You are lucky went to farm where van is stored and someone has pinched our front sunroof on a 2000 arizona they had gone to the trouble of putting a pillow over the alarm sensor all bedding ruined and to cap it all the insurance ran out a few weeks ago and we had not renewed it!

god nows how much it will cost

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts