Help!

Jul 31, 2018
Visit site
Any help appreciated please! :)

Just arrived onsite with our recently acquired 2 year old Bailey pursuit. Everything is fine apart from the water. We’ve plugged the pump into the socket and turned the pump on and we have water pouring out from the socket outside.

2 questions:

Any suggestions on what the problem might be? We cant dee anytjing wrong with the seals.

And, can we run the heating without the water?

Thanks!

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
When you say socket are you sure you have closed the water heater drain valve. I have sometimes forgot, while doing other set up things and wondered why it is taking a long time to fill it up and also use half a aquarole of water :eek:hmy: .
My system is Alde and has a yellow drain tap next to the water heater under the front seat.

Jul 31, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for replying. The valve is shut. The problem is the huge amount of water spraying from the socket rather than from the release valve under the van. :(

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I think two are normal, check there isn't a split in the plug in unit, otherwise over too others that might have had the same problem.
Just a thought, try opening taps in the van then turning on the pump, see if the water leak is still there. Then close tap to see if the leak returns.
Also maybe the o rings are flattened and not sealing anymore. A bit of veg oil on them and leave them to enlarge slightly. Just a hope.

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
if the connector is the crappy truma pistol grip type, the inner hose can easily come off the plastic receiver as it is only held on by a spring clip...click the connector apart and have a check...….

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
morning
As 00buzz says, check the pipe hasnt departed from its connection, mine did this a few times over the winter, its a really poor and flimsy connector.

Kevin

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
00buzz said:
if the connector is the crappy truma pistol grip type, the inner hose can easily come off the plastic receiver as it is only held on by a spring clip...click the connector apart and have a check...….

Good one never thought of that, store that in the grey matter box. :S

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
00buzz said:

Good one never thought of that, store that in the grey matter box. :S

or alternatively grab the replacement Whale version....far better design..... ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts