Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lunar 352 Ariva 2014, it's in the driveway over the winter with the mains plugged in to maintain the battery.

I can out the house today and the awning light was on ( over the door ). I checked inside and the switch was off,,

I have pulled fuse 1 lights and it's now off.

Where do I go from here please.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
pensioner said:
I have a Lunar 352 Ariva 2014, it's in the driveway over the winter with the mains plugged in to maintain the battery.

I can out the house today and the awning light was on ( over the door ). I checked inside and the switch was off,,

I have pulled fuse 1 lights and it's now off.

Where do I go from here please.
Hello
If a light comes on but fails to be controlled by its switch, my first suspicion is the switch it's self. If that is not the problem, then the wiring needs to be investigated, and if you are not confident at doing that, then clearly it's time to get someone who is competent to look at it.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Presumably the switch is part of the control panel - is that accessible to see if the switch and immediate wiring is OK (disconnect from mains and the 12v off at the distribution box just in case!).
How would you replace the awning light bulb? In my Elddis it's behind a small plastic cover in the relvant overhead locker - so as a temp solution could be removed

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the help,,,I'll get to it asap,,

currently playing nurse/housekeeper to my wife who; 12 days ago fell in the garden, broke her humerus and shattered her ball and socket in the shoulder,,currently don't actually know if punch balled or counter sunk.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
pensioner said:
Thanks for the help,,,I'll get to it asap,,

currently playing nurse/housekeeper to my wife who; 12 days ago fell in the garden, broke her humerus and shattered her ball and socket in the shoulder,,currently don't actually know if punch balled or counter sunk.

Ouch! :( All good wishes for a speedy recovery.
mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
On my Coachman 2013, I had problems with the awning light staying on, took the master switch panel apart , light still on, eventually traced it down to the awning light switch on the key fob, it operates the circuit on the Sargent alarm unit, and is not overidden by the awning light switch, in the caravan. Maybe yours is the same

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dusty, on the Sargent 300 stinger Alarm, there is an electrically operated"" bit" that when you operate the alarm fob it will switch the awning light on for 1 MINUTE, then it goes off. There is another part of the fob that will switch the awning light on, and the awning light will stay on until that fob switch is pressed again. I have been caught out a few times at night by pressing the wrong switch on the fob. Until I found this out. Not all caravan are linked up to this part though.

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Many thanks folks,,especially to EH52ARH as that was the answer to the problem.

I obviously pressed the fob without realising,,,all now back to normal.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
pensioner said:
Many thanks folks,,especially to EH52ARH as that was the answer to the problem.

I obviously pressed the fob without realising,,,all now back to normal.

Glad to be of help, Did you ever go back to the site near to Bude I help you to refind. ?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
SirRogerFFS said:
Hutch .... I think you will have to become out technical adviser. My Alarm now all good .. Thanks again
Sir Roger

No problem, it's only things that have happened to myself over the years and I can remember, I have a list of, "Remember that" on my Tablet thingy.
I now have three EHU cables after leaving them at home. So I don't remember everything. :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
pensioner said:
Oh Hutch,,I had you on a pedestal,,now I'll have to lower it.

Give me another one but based on Helicopters.
Forgot to check the gas bottle the other evening for the BBQ

Gafferbill , Gabsgarandad, DustyDog and the Proff come back with lost of good info.
But none are infalabale.
Just try to help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts