Hereford Caravan & Camping club site

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
Going to above site on Saturday for 1 week, just wondered what eating/drinking places there are nearby, preferably walking distance, also how near are shops for basic provisions. Husband is looking forward to going as I understand this site is ideal for fishing.

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tobago,

I'm assuming that this is the site at Lucksall. If so, it is a half mile walk to the Moon at Mordiford. I've eaten there in the past and it used to have a terrific reputation. Nice little pub. However, the road is a bit narrow in parts, so take great care.

Jo

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Jo, but it's not the Caravan Club site it's the Camping & Caravanning Club site, sorry my mistake for not making it clear in my topic heading. The site we are visiting is actually at The Millpond, Little Tarrington, Hereford but thanks a lot for your advice.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
There is a local pub, The Tarrington Arms, although it's many years since I've used it. It used to be called The Glass Pig and before that The Foley Arms until a falling out between the natives and the eccentric Lord Foley.

I don't believe there's a local shop in the village but there is one at Bartestree, a few miles away.

It's only 8 miles to Hereford for a supermarket. We have two Tesco's, Sainsburys, Asda but the nearest to you and on the right side of town is Morrisons.

It's 7 miles to Ledbury where they have a Tescos and a Somerfields.

JoannaLesley mentioned Lucksall and the Moon at Mordiford. Well the Moon is only 4 miles and has only recently re-opened after closing for a short while but I can't speak for the quality of the food.

If you ask at The Millpond about local amenities they will be able to tell you or give directions. They had been going for a few years before signing up as a C&CC managed site.

Hope the weather's good for you and tight lines.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I forgot.

If you are told that The Green Man at Fownhope sell good food forget it. They are closed for renovations for 2 months as we found out today :O(

Our next choice was The **** At Tupsley pub, just 1/2 mile from where I live, where it's 'Buy 1 Get 1 Free'. When we got there after returning from Fownhope that was closed for renovation :O(

We ended up going to the chippy, just 300 yards from home.

Dec 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello Tobago

This is one of my favourite sites, go there several times a year for the weekend. The site owners Bill and Lynn are vey welcoming and extremely helpful with the local information. They keep a few basic provisions on site, but as others have said the shops are not far away I hope you enjoy your break Herefordshire is a lovely county.

PS My friend who lives in Scottish Highlands has 150 mile round trip to do her Tesco shop, so perhaps 8 miles isn't that far!!!

Apr 23, 2005
Visit site
Ref Moon pub at Mordiford, Was at Lucksall 2 weeks ago and had Sunday lunch at the Moon. Excellent value for money!

Wish we had a place like this near where we live.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Tobago

What a useful post, as we're going to the same C&CC site this weekend. One of the Bailey Burgundies on site will be ours.

Let's hope for good weather!

Bry

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts