HGV test

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I said that I would update you today after my hgv test. I can conferm that I did pass my test today and can now drive lorrys for a living, infact I got a job this afternoon doing just that

Kevin H

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
CONGRATULATIONS

give yourself a big pat on the back !

if you see us on the road, be a nice "trucker" and flash us in when we have overtook you ! ...

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
CONGRATULATIONS

if you see us on the road, be a nice "trucker" and flash us in when we have overtook you ! ...
he he ,nice one sarah, always a nice feeling when its the big truck not the caravanner getting in the way!!! only kidding Kev!!

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
CONGRATULATIONS

Thanks Sarah, and yes I will give all the caravans a flash (of my lights) when you overtake

Kevin h

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Well done Kevin,never mind the pat on the bavk give yourself a nice cool beer !

Tina x
Tina the wine will be flowing from around 5.30 this evening when the wife gets in from work

Thanks for you comments

Kevin H

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well done Kevin, now there's at least one more trucker that understnds the black magic art of towing a caravan. Don't flash me though, especially if you're in a carpark!

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Well done Kevin, now there's at least one more trucker that understnds the black magic art of towing a caravan. Don't flash me though, especially if you're in a carpark!
Thanks mate, I was well chuffed this morning

Kevin H

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks mate, I was well chuffed this morning

Kevin H
Stay well chuffed, Kev! welcome to our (other) world! I only do a little bit of HGV driving,being retired, but I enjoy every trip.Quote from "Motor Transport" many years ago:" A lorry drivers job consists of collecting things no-one wants to give him, and delivering them to people who don't want to take them".You'll find that is all too true, but it's a great life never-the-less.Enjoy!

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
well done Kev, it's a huge hurdle passing the class 2, it means that you don't have to spend more time and money on it and it gives you a big confidence boost, on to the class 1 now.

How did you get a job so quickly are you going through an agency?

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
well done Kev, it's a huge hurdle passing the class 2, it means that you don't have to spend more time and money on it and it gives you a big confidence boost, on to the class 1 now.

Thanks Big Roy, my instructor is a retired examiner and knows alot of people in the business, he took me to Evans transport at lunch time told them I was a good lad! (42) and asked them if they had any vacancies. I didnt even have an interview, his word seemed to go a long way. Filled out an application form and was told about the job,(only multi drop pallets) but its experience Just need to do a good job now and dont let him or them down.

Start Wed after Easter, Ill let you know how I get on. what do you drive and do?

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site

I haven't actually done any driving yet Kevin, I only passed my class 1 on Monday and didn't look for any class 2 work as I am still working in engineering (self employed) which I'm so fed up with and want a new challenge.

I've got a 3 month contract to fulfill and then I'm on the road and really looking forward to it, it's all a bit daunting though I've got the license but now need to learn the job, if any drivers are reading this any advice for new drivers for Kev and I?

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Well done Kevin, my husband passed his hgv a while back, and he passed his coach yesterday.

Good luck for your new job!

Lolly x
Thanks Lolly, say to hubby well done for the Coach test ,ive been told that its harder than the lorry test

Kevin H

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts