Hi All, I am considering an after market tracker for my caravan.

Jul 4, 2023
Visit site
I only have a small budget and don't want to pay a subscription if I don't have too. If I do I would prefer to put my own sim in it. I have a solar panel so I am not worried about battery drainage. Any ideas / comments welcome. Thanks Nick

Jul 4, 2023
Visit site
Hi Sam & Woodentop . If it had just been stolen I would love to catch them in the act of moving it out on the road. I have plenty of security measures at home where it is kept. It is more for Insurance purposes I suppose and retrieval in the short term rather than later down the line as insurers always deduct a hefty amount from the value. Cheers Nick

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi Sam & Woodentop . If it had just been stolen I would love to catch them in the act of moving it out on the road. I have plenty of security measures at home where it is kept. It is more for Insurance purposes I suppose and retrieval in the short term rather than later down the line as insurers always deduct a hefty amount from the value. Cheers Nick
If you saw them taking your caravan, would you really want to stop them as they simply do not care. Whether you are 6'6" tall and built like a rugby forward, your body would be no match to a knife.

We have a tracker that is proactive and alerts you the moment that someone interferes with the caravan unlike others where you have to notified the call centre that the caravan is missing. Sadly it is a subscription tracker, but is recognised by the insurance and police.

It is unlikely that the police will take instructions from a member of the public stating that their caravan is being stolen. Reason being is the police may get many false alarms and probably cannot take instructions from a member of the public who is following their stolen caravan. This is understandable as someone could be giving them false directions.

As mentioned the chances of retrieval in the short term are probably highly unlikely. Plus the fact it is now simpler to strip the caravan of parts and sell those on an auction site. Lessens the chances of the thieves being caught.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts