Hi all, new member

Sep 22, 2018
Visit site
My wife and I have been caravaning for 35 years with no sign of stopping anytime soon. We are retired / semi - retired and have just taken delivery of our first ever brand new van so we’re very excited. It’s a Swift Conqueror 560 with a Bradcot air awning and our tug is a Santa Fe Endurance edition. I’m currently working hard to get my head around all the tech. How things have changed but the reasons for this lifestyle choice are the same as ever: freedom, relaxation and the chance to get closer to nature. It’s a lifestyle that can only be appreciated by those who have tried it. Thanks to the many contributors to the forum, we have benefited from your collective wisdom and experience already.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Welcome Bry G
Enjoy your new baby!
Glad you have been reading the forum regularly. There are some very clever people on here. Never be scared to ask no matter how silly the question may seem :cheer:

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. We also have been caravanning for around 35 years, but I retired five years ago. It does help not being tied down to work holidays, so enjoy the freedom and the new caravan.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Raywood said:
Welcome to the forum. We also have been caravanning for around 35 years, but I retired five years ago. It does help not being tied down to work holidays, so enjoy the freedom and the new caravan.

I am the reverse, had lots more freedom and flexibility before I retired. Two grandchildren (both great company) daughters various husbands and she is now going back to university. But we aren’t bored or idle, although the flexibility factor must be near to zero if not below :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
otherclive said:
Raywood said:

I am the reverse, had lots more freedom and flexibility before I retired. Two grandchildren (both great company) daughters various husbands and she is now going back to university. But we aren’t bored or idle, although the flexibility factor must be near to zero if not below :)

Clive,

I thought you were in control of your life - what went wrong? :woohoo:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
otherclive said:
Raywood said:

Clive,

I thought you were in control of your life - what went wrong? :woohoo:

Prof
The die was cast 44 years ago. Dads have to look after their daughters. But there should be some limit to the “ sentence” although I’m hoping for parole in three years time, but there again that was expected in 2005 when we bought a new van and Disco for long trips into the sunset. But to compensate for that we have a wonderful 13 year old granddaughter who enjoys the caravan during school holidays. So overall can’t grumble ( well not too much eh) . :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts