Hi Everyone!

Dec 31, 2006
Visit site
Im Claire, and my other half is David. We also have 2 boys aged 15 and 10, we bought our first van about 12 months ago, A Swift Challenger 480/5 and David tows it with his Toyota HiLux. We are 32 and 38 respectively, and, i guess, part of the new younger generation of 'vanners. We used to have a huge tent, but it became inpractical as i have dodgy bones and Dave didnt really appreciate me using him a leverage during the night!

We both love our van and I am in the process of reupholstering it (and as i call it, De-Pinking) We Go on mini weekend breaks at Small CL sites as well as the annual holidays and we are hoping for several more happy years with our van before probably upgrading to an island fixed bed model when our boys leave home/dont want to be seen on holiday with their parents.

So, from Me and Dave - a Big Hello to you all!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Claire & David,

If you publicise that you can do upholstery,you will have the forum members queuing up to get their vans a new look for 2007 !!!

Happy New Year from a very stormy Scotland.

Dec 31, 2006
Visit site
Haha.. I shall also publicise that ive never re-upholstered a caravan before either... its a new one for me! I

almost faintd when i saw how much it was going to cost so im giving it a go myself and hoping that my sewing machine & overlocker stands me in good stead! Fingers crossed!!

Dec 31, 2006
Visit site
And just to clarify (much to my shame, and Dave's callous amusement), our Swift is a 490/5 not a 480/5 - dithering fingers mashing away at the ole keyboard again!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts