Hi everyone

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone my name is Kerry and i'm new to the caravan scene, I have just bought my first caravan and hope to go away in it next month. It's a 1995 Abi jubilee herald, it seems a nice van but i cant seem to get the water pump to work, i no the pump works as i have tried it on a battery, if anyone can help i would be most greatful thanks

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello Kezza. Welcome to the forum. I bet you can't wait to get away with your van.
The problem you are having with your pump is something the more technically minded forum members will be able to help you with.
I may help if you posted just a little more detail of the pump. Like is it external or internal.
I'm sure most will advise getting a mobile approved caravan engineer to give your van a service. I'm sure the pump issue will be something he could sort easily, he would also check the gas and running gear equipment. I know it will be an expense but you could use the caravan with confidence that all was working correctly.

Best regards Brian

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Kerry, welcome to the forum
Is the battery on your caravan fully charged? The pump works via the caravan 12v system which of course requires a 12v leisure battery with sufficient charge to run the pump.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
hi, welcome to the forum. Post a few more details about your pump in Technical and someone cleverer than me at these things will help.
mel

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi Kerry and welcome.

I am guessing here....... but if you bought your 1995 caravan privately then my advice to someone completely new to the pastime, is to get the caravan checked over before use.

I have a 1995 caravan, owned from new, so I am aware of the level of maintenance and updates required to keep everything working efficiently and safely.
Your caravan is a road going vehicle as well as a temporary holiday home so all aspects of its safe operation need to be given the once over by an experienced engineer.
To this end I am sure someone can recommend a mobile service engineer for your area as this will be your cheapest option.

If you bought the caravan from a dealer then get them to fix the water pump problem.

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I will check to see weather the battery is charged, but i had i plugged in to the mains so i thought it should work, i could be wrong though as i am very new to this

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum Kerry
You say the pump works when you connect it to a battery. Is yours a submersible pump placed into the aquatoll or isit a fixed on board pump?
Do follow the advice given on here regarding servicing.
There are some excellent mobile engineers avaliable. As Gafferbill said it is not just about mechanical running gear but gas electricity and safety.

I suspect there is a power failure somewhere within the wiring from the battery and pump..can you use a multi meter to circuit tester to trace the wiring?
If yours is a submersible thoroughly clean the contact services where the pump plugs into the side of the caravan.
Good luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts