Hi everyone!

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Just arrived home after spending a glorious week at the CC site at Old Hartley. Northumberland weather is notoriously bad when we visit but this time it only rained yesterday! Eight great hot sunny days (although there is always a cold wind off the North Sea!). First time out this year with the van - can't wait to go away again 3 weeks today!

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
Hello Ann

You chose the right week for weather. Northumberland is one of the places I'd love to see, never been up north much. Where are you off to next time?

Helen

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
We had some friends from "up north", South Shields to be exact. We visited many times and can honestly say, the North East is one of the most beautiful parts of England. The people are uber-friendly too!

Been to Holy Island, Craster (fantastic for kippers and crab), Alnwick, Bamburh Castle, Beamish and the Metro Centre (yay, shopping!)and loads more. Still so much to see and can't wait to go back. Sure, the weather can be unpredictable, but as my Mum says, there's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing!

Glad you enjoyed yourselves Ann

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Helen

Next time out we are going to Cirencester Park. Can't wait. Great for Maisie, my little Cairn Terrier! It is also a lot warmer than the north east coastline (which is eroding quickly - 1 whole run of the site is now in the sea!!!). In the interim period the 'van has to go in for service!!! As usual there is something wrong so items will have to be 'ordered'. Still I am lucky it is still under warranty.

Great to be back online.

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
We are still waiting for the van to arrive but shouldn't be long now hopefully. Erosion is frightening!The cliff path in Pembs is always having to be moved further inwards. We'ld love to see Hadrians wall sometime but it's a long trip!

Helen

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hello Ann

You chose the right week for weather. Northumberland is one of the places I'd love to see, never been up north much. Where are you off to next time?

Helen
Not only did we choose the right week weather-wise but, as we were leaving (nothing to do with us is assure you!) builders were due on site. The toilet block was beginning to sink alarmingly into a deep shaft that hadn't shown up on earlier plans! The drilling was going to be taking place for quite a time and, in the end, it is likely that the block will be demolished at the end of the season and rebuilt for next year.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts