Hi from Nottingham

Sep 4, 2021
Visit site
How rude of me. Posting questions and no intro. So hi, just bought my first van, albeit a 2005 model. Got it as just had a kid and want weekends away. Currently working the whole range of issues old used vans throw up so still not managed a night away. What a money pit!

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
How rude of me. Posting questions and no intro. So hi, just bought my first van, albeit a 2005 model. Got it as just had a kid and want weekends away. Currently working the whole range of issues old used vans throw up so still not managed a night away. What a money pit!
Welcome to the Forum and good luck sorting the van out. Our 2005 van was comfortable enough to go away in winter, so maybe you will manage some nights away.

Reactions: steven_wynn_uk
May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi Steven welcome to the forum hope you get away soon, as Otherclive said your caravan will be fine to use for winter breaks, we are usually away at least one week per month all year round, we also went away in the winter when we had our 1996 swift corniche, will be worth it when sorted.

Gra

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Steven, I had a chuckle when you said you’d had a kid and want weekends away, I’m sure you meant with the kid and not weekends away on your own, anyway humour aside, if you post any faults with your new purchase we may well be able to offer advice as to how rectify the faults and maybe suggest cheaper ways of sorting things, best of luck with both of the new changes in your life.

BP

Sep 4, 2021
Visit site
Thanks all. Just been hacking through the long list of jobs on the van. Brakelight finally done (dodgy towbar), just getting the fire to run on gas left to sort, albeit not essential. Nearly ready for the first trip. We'll, once the missus finds a towing lesson.

Sep 4, 2021
Visit site
Hi Steven, I had a chuckle when you said you’d had a kid and want weekends away, I’m sure you meant with the kid and not weekends away on your own, anyway humour aside, if you post any faults with your new purchase we may well be able to offer advice as to how rectify the faults and maybe suggest cheaper ways of sorting things, best of luck with both of the new changes in your life.

BP
Don't tempt me lol

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts