Hi guy's were new

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi all
we have just bought our first van its a 1997 bailey senator 9000. We have spent one night in her but had electric problems site bollard kept tripping we are hoping it was due to the extreme cold and frost spell we had. I will get someone in to have a look at her when the weather gets a bit better should we have any further problems unless any of you guys have any ideas.
Lee

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Lee, Welcome to Practical Caravan forum and congratulations on buying your first caravan.
Assuming that you were not using a domestic electric kettle or a powerful electric heater heater to keep warm the next thing to check is your ehu lead for splits or cracks and the plug and socket at either end for correct wiring.
Unless you are a qualified electrician it would be safer to have the 240v system checked over if nothing obvious like excessive power consumption or a split ehu lead is the cause of the trouble.
Nothing to do with the electrical problem but did you remember to drain the water system down to prevent frost damage after using your caravan?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Banned smary1230 said:
Really an awesome forum.
=========

How kind of you to say so whilst testing whether or not you can access the forum 'SmithMary'.
I'm sure that you'll agree that the moderators are 'awesome' too, especially when it comes to spotting spam merchants from India.
It's a shame that you have been booted off but here - have this one on me
spamcan.gif

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi Parksy
thanks for the welcome and the advice. To answer your question about draining down for winter I had a very nice caravanner on site point me in the right direction about draining everything down which I have now done, but thanks for the advice. My ehu lead was just bought brand new so no problems there. The power I was using was minamal only a couple of lights, water heater and I belive the inboard battery charger was charging the battery. When I bought the van I was informed it had not been used for nearly a year we went to Gatwick to pick her up they had just had a really bad snow fall and it was well below freezing so I am hoping it may be just damp, I confess to know nothing about electrics so if the worst comes to the worst I will get an electricion to give it a full check.
Manny thanks
Lee

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
hi lee did you get any hot water when you was away and was it on eletric you water heater . did you put on one thing at a time and see if any one triped it .

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
can you plug into a ehu to see if it was site bollard if not try a diffrent cable it may be faulty even if new wires may be loose other than that it may be a job for enginner could be main unit.

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi Forest
Van is in storage at presant I will take her out after this bad weather has passed give her a good drying out and try the whole procedure including checking the ehu and a different bollard. If this dos'nt work I will get in the pro's. Thanks for your help and showing an interest it's nice to know there is help and advice out there from experianced people
Lee

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts