Hi newbe in wales.

Dec 6, 2007
Visit site
Helloi've beem posting abit these last couple of days. thought i'd better say hi.

I'm Gareth i'm married to Helen , we have 2 kids and a dog [daft mut!] We live near barmouth in N Wales. we've been caravaning for about 6 years, we started off with a 1984 Mardon then bought the 1994 consette 4 berth end washroom we have now 3 years ago. We tow with a 1997 chrysler grand voyager running on LPG, we have an MPV so that Helen's mum & dad can come places with us and its handy for Helen's job.

We try to get away as often as we can, we went to the end of the lyn peninsular last weekend [yes, in all that wind!] lovely!

well thats all i can think to say just now Off to hunt for answers1

Dec 6, 2007
Visit site
Hi Alan, you mean the 30 miles of bends from Welshpool then the Dinas pass? !

Easier way is to come up the A5 from Shrewsbury then if you're coming to Barmouth go down the A494 to Bala, Dolgellau , Barmouth. If going more north either stop on the A5 for Betws Y Coed or go to Bala then come off on a A road [number escapes me] for Trawsffynydd then head for Portmadog and the Lleyn Penisular Easy roads the lot! Couple of narrow ish bits on the A494 but i've driven buses & coaches along all the above routes.

Hope this helps,

Gareth

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi Gareth.

Can you recommend any nice sites in your area for SBH please? Thought about Anglesey but wondering now if we'd be better on the 'mainland' close to Anglesey so we can visit if we want to but it won't be as far when we go around North Wales itself.

Must be child-friendly, decent facilities and take dogs.

Thanks in anticipation

Claire & Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts