hi one and all

Feb 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi everyone,

We are new to caravanning only been out in the van twice since we bought it last october, last time going to York and staying at rowantree park at end of november . We had a conway cruiser folding camper beforehand, but as we are starting to get a little (well)much older the caravan is much easier all round .

I would just like to say hello to one and all and hope we can pick your brains with any query we ahve and also join in some discussions occasionally ...

Hi all !!! Harry and Joy

Ps .. still cannot reverse the damn thing !!!!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forum Harry. If you get a mover fitted to your van your problem of reversing will be solved. At home I have to pitch my van close to a wall on a slope but with the mover it's so easy and I can also pitch it A frame first which helps to deter thieves because they wouldn't be able to push the caravan up the slope.

Feb 24, 2007
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forum Harry. If you get a mover fitted to your van your problem of reversing will be solved. At home I have to pitch my van close to a wall on a slope but with the mover it's so easy and I can also pitch it A frame first which helps to deter thieves because they wouldn't be able to push the caravan up the slope.
hi lord braykewynde.

Thanks for replying .. i already have a one of those fitted which i have used every time i need to back up the caravan, but i think its embarrassing when you see all the experts pull up and reverse straight in (envy on my part).Perhaps i should go on one of these courses .

many thanks .......... harry

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Harry....I have been caravanning for years and I'm nowhere near the the best person at reversing...good on you admitting it.

The trick is to take it very slowly, I know you think the eyes of the world are on you when trying to pitch but don't worry. Practice makes perfect (or in my case acceptable!) I agree a mover helps in tight spots and for the final maneuvering on site or at home. A caravanning course, run by one of the clubs is a good way to improve your skills because you will be amongst others who are trying to improve and the instructors are excellent.

Happy caravanning. Mal

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I can reverse in a fashion but not on the exact spot :O( so then need to manouvre into the exact spot by hand. Due to my dicky back I can't risk it so then would have to use the mover hence the reason I use it in the first place ;O) lol

Beemer is right though, if it's a biggy for you and you would be happier reversing the caravan yourself go on a course. Good luck Harry.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts