hi there

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
newbie from Glastonbury here, im tom im 25 me and my significant other and our daughter lol have just got a 2 berth caravan as my first attempt at caravanning, i need to get an awning and i am going to replace the tyres as its been stood a while, but i am not sure what else i need..... some questions, what is an aqua roll, can i test the electrics from home

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi there and welcome.
An aquaroll is your fresh water carrier, you will also need a wastemaster for your grey water. You can check your electrics if you can plug your mains lead into your house socket. You will need a 13 pin plug adapter for this.
Welcome to the world of caravans and hope you enjoy.

Dougie.....

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi
Yes grey water is another name for your dirty waste water from your sinks, shower, etc. You will also need gas, i would go for propane rather than butane.

Dougie....

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Tom, welcome to the Practical Caravan forum and congratulations on aquiring your first caravan. I'm sure that you will have a lot of questions and you've come to the right place for answers and advice. An aquaroll transports clean water from the site tap to your carava where a submersible pump pipes the water into your caravan to the hot water boiler and to the taps.
A Wastemaster collects 'grey' water which has been used for washing up etc and it can be rolled to the site drain, not to be confused with the 'elsan' point which is where toilets are emptied.
Most of your electrics will be 12v but if you have 240v sockets and lights you will need an electric hook up lead to connect to site 240v bollards. To test the 240v appliances from home you need a connecting lead with an outdoor socket on one end and a 240v plug top on the other.
Here are some of the items mentioned so far, click on the links to have a look. The items are available in caravan accessory shops unless you see any second hand items.

240v EHU lead http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aquaroll-40-L...236990&cguid=506263e412d0a0e203659bc5ff3a2e6f

Aquaroll

Waste Master

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
that is fantastic, also with regards to awnings, are they normally universal or is there a certain type i will need, the caravan i have is the same as the one in my avatar

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Mozzy welcome to the world of caravanning and the forum.
There are two types of awnings
a) Full awning
b) Porch awning
The full awning does what it says and it will cover the full length of your van.
The porch awning can come in differant sizes ranging I think fron 2.0m in length up to about 3.0m they are all availible in different widths as well, so a bit confusing but take your time, have a look at a awning manufactuers web site for example Dorema or isabella and get some ideas, then go on the well known sites to see if you can get the right size second hand
Kev

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
To find the correct measurement for a caravan awning take a length of string and measure from ground level at point A, tread the string through the awning rail B and to ground level at point C.
Measure the length of string used in cms and this figure or the nearest size up will be the size of awning to look out for.
There are plenty of second hand awnings on fleabay or ask at some local caravan dealers, Highbridge Caravans won't be too far from you. They might have some which came with trade in's.
measuring.jpg

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
hi mozzy i always give john wickersham (may be spelt wrong) book the caravan manule its a green book and by haynes the one that dose the car manuels its abuot £12 and you can get it from halfords.Ican say its the best starter i have found and its been around fo years and many up datesit covers everthing you need to know it is money well spent and you will find it handy to keep with you in the van .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts