Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Apologies, this isn't my first post here. I've got some useful tips from several of you already, but I thought I would stop by here and (belatedly) introduce myself.
I'm Dave, and my other half (Jane) and I have just acquired a 2001 Bailey Pageant Moselle as our first caravan. We are very happy with it as it has been extremely well looked after and it has every accessory we could have hoped for. I've seen that you like pictures, so here goes:
Van.jpg

We took it out over the bank holiday weekend so Jane could get some experience towing it, and so that we could put the awning up:
Awning.jpg

It took us under two hours to park the van in a "pitch" marked out with welly boots, and to get the awning up. Not bad for the first time!
Hopefully going on our first weekend away this weekend.
Thanks for the great advice already - looking forward to sticking around.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
hello. A formal and belated welcome to the forum. Nice pics. Awning looks OK. Did you and the missus fall out much? :)
mel

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Themisto-Adrastea said:
Thanks Dusty, it's a Dorema awning, not sure of the model. Only thing missing is a pair of storm straps.

Well, T.A., I wouldn't wait too long before getting your awning tie-down kit. Even in our lovely British summers you can get winds gusting strongly enough to blow away your awning, as I discovered to my cost when sited at Damage Barton one year! (North Devon coast). These things always happen at the most inconvenient times; I'm sure my neighbours must have had a chuckle as my ex-husband and I struggled to get the flapping canvas under control, dressed in jim-jams!

Hoping you have some lovely holidays in your caravan!

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
CyberCynth said:
Well, T.A., I wouldn't wait too long before getting your awning tie-down kit. Even in our lovely British summers you can get winds gusting strongly enough to blow away your awning, as I discovered to my cost when sited at Damage Barton one year!

That's why it's called Damage Barton ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts