Hieki roof light gas struts

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Take them off and see if they push in easily and stay in or come back slowly. If they do they need replacing.
One company I have used is SGS Engineering and if you can see the number/letters on the side of the old one you may be able to put these into their website and see a direct replacement. Make sure you fit the replacements the right way up.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not sure in your particular case, but generally there is a flat spring clip which fits over the ball and socket at each end of the strut. you may have to look carefully to find this.
once prised off with a small flat screwdriver blade or similar, the ball joint should pull apart easily.
Be careful when removing the flat clip as it can spring off and vanish who knows where. Try to keep one hand cupped rotund the action while using the other to hold the screwdriver.
Reassembly is the reverse. Put ball into socket and clip flat spring piece into place..

I've said ,flat, but it may be slightly radiused to follow the diameter of the cylinder of the strut. Have a very good look before dismantling and a phone on your phone may be useful.

Zeb

Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
I've used SGS in Derby too. Fantastic service. I wanted some gas struts to fit on my Octavia bonnet as a retro' fit. I drove to SGS and the incredibly helpful chaps even got out their socket set and unscrewed the original bodywork bolts to check the screw thread matched their mounting ball joints (each strut came complete with 2 ball joints - to suit your application). The struts I settled for were adjustable and SGS built them - upstairs whilst I waited - with the specific ball socket ends etc.October 2017 cost me £38.00 for both.Easily fitted in about 15 minutes and adjusted the pressure to match the weight of my car bonnet. SGS come highly recommended from my experience.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts