High levels of moisture inside Pageant 7 Limousin

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Is anyone with the Pageant Series 7 Limousin experiencing high levels of water moisture inside thier caravan.

I have already returned my caravan back to the dealer for repairs because of damaged experience over last winters season. I am again finding water in my moisture traps over the past five weeks laying up period, How bad can this get over the winter I ask.

The matress and the front seat covers must be absobing this moisture at the same rate as the crystals. Please come back if this is effecting you. I need all the evidence I can get.

Trading standards and Environmental Health have been informed

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
bob all air contains moisture , when cold air meets warm air you get condensation ,i was in a SCUBA diving club for 19 years and the air compressed into the cylinders at 3000 psi ,has to be filtered to remove the moisture and other contamination , and you cant believe the amount of water that is removed ,i never put crystals in my van and 15 years of caravanning i have had any trouble ,unless you have water penetrating somewhere

Nov 20, 2006
Visit site
in my experience all caravans suffer from moisture and condensation. the amount varies on how the caravan is used and stored. night catches should be used, avoiding boiling water late at night, making sure fixed vents are not blocked. when in storage either remove upholstery or store in the middle of caravan in a pyramid shape, regularly open all all the windows to allow fresh air in, keep internal lockers and doors open. it is fresh air circulating which will help against condensation. it is only warm air hitting cold surfaces which causes the visible signs of moisture.

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
Moisture traps in caravans are a waste of time and money. Consider that a caravan is fitted with various ventilation grills in the floor. By using moisture traps and de-humidifiers, you maybe absorbing moisture from within the caravan, but also the surrounding air outside. I had a mate who had a 240v de-humidifier in his van, he used to get gallons of water in the drain bucket. I did wonder if he had a boat???

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Dehumidifiers in caravans are a waste of time, because of the amount of ventilation holes and other holes there are in caravans, it's like trying to dehumidify the world!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts