High price

Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
Just come back from Wild Rose in Appelby, Cumbria. We have been going there several years but they have now increased their pich fees to £25.00 in high season and this doesn't include an awning or extra persons.

I think this is bordering on the expensive side espcially as I have thre children ( why do they charge more for kids over four yrs old??)

Any thoughts

John

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Unless you live in the one or two countries which operats Maoist Communism then prices are always like this. It's called "market economics".

Most people enjoy relatively high incomes and an affluent lifestyle because of market economics but hate having to pay high prices as well - you can't have one without the other.

There are other sites charging over

May 12, 2005
Visit site
I would like to ask a question.

What did you get for your 25 pounds at Wild Rose that you wouldn`t have got at a CL site for a third of the price.

From experience, after you`ve hooked up and filled the aqua rolls, you can be anywhere, on any site, what do you get for your money?

Support the CL sites and force these expensive sites to bring their prices down to a realistic level.

up the revolution,

Tony A.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John,

Whilst people keep paying these greedy prices the site owners will keep there charges up if people were to go elsewhere (CL,s)then just maybe these greedy fat cat site owners would think again about there charges.Jim

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Totally agree with the above posts, the people who pay the prices are to blame. I've paid at sites for my dogs but having got there they provide nothing for dogs, not even a bin. If it's to deter taking dogs why not just say "No dogs". They won't because then they can't rip you off. The maximum we normally pay is about

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Lord B

I agree with you ,then I would I run a CL but I am also a caravaner so I like get value for money and give the same for those who visit my CL. However the CC are now putting some CL photos with the CLs on thier web site. 5van have thier cls well covered and you can get the DVDs from Armcher Productions so there is some choice, as for costs we are

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Lord B

I agree with you ,then I would I run a CL but I am also a caravaner so I like get value for money and give the same for those who visit my CL. However the CC are now putting some CL photos with the CLs on thier web site. 5van have thier cls well covered and you can get the DVDs from Armcher Productions so there is some choice, as for costs we are

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
L.B. with you all the way. why not propose to the Mod a C.L. report topic. I will definatly second the proposal and I would be supprised if we could'nt get up a good following, Particularly of 'new members to the Forham. That should give the Mod a browny point or two

ttfn

Norfolk Mike

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
L.B. with you all the way. why not propose to the Mod a C.L. report topic. I will definatly second the proposal and I would be supprised if we could'nt get up a good following, Particularly of 'new members to the Forham. That should give the Mod a browny point or two

ttfn

Norfolk Mike
O.K. Done it Mike, under Our Website.

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi in response to Lord B CL sites are definately worth it I have stayed at two so far I stayed at Barrow on Trent,Derby Mrs McIntyre Page 301 in cravan club sites book & on a sunday evening an ice cream van comes on the site and for

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Now I know its not everybody's cup of tea and I'm not really sure its mine but, for comparison, I have just got a qoute for 7 nights from friday for an electric pitch with hardstanding, 2 adults, car, caravan and awning at a choice of sites from a large nationwide company (I am sure you know who I mean they get enough stick on this site, mainly for being expensive!) total cost for 7 days is

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Now I know its not everybody's cup of tea and I'm not really sure its mine but, for comparison, I have just got a qoute for 7 nights from friday for an electric pitch with hardstanding, 2 adults, car, caravan and awning at a choice of sites from a large nationwide company (I am sure you know who I mean they get enough stick on this site, mainly for being expensive!) total cost for 7 days is

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

May 27, 2006
Visit site
I would like to ask a question.

What did you get for your 25 pounds at Wild Rose that you wouldn`t have got at a CL site for a third of the price.

From experience, after you`ve hooked up and filled the aqua rolls, you can be anywhere, on any site, what do you get for your money?

Support the CL sites and force these expensive sites to bring their prices down to a realistic level.

up the revolution,

Tony A.
Tony,

I think you are comparing apples and pears. As a yearly visitor at Wild Rose I know they have arguably the best pitches in the country. Now if I wanted to stay in a field with little or no facilities then I would expect to pay c.

May 27, 2006
Visit site
At the end of the day you get what you pay for! If you want a secluded field with nothing there then go for it and save your money. But if like me you appreciate some of the finer things in life Wild Rose has arguably the best touring pitches in the UK. As Roger commented its all about supply and demand and if the park warrents it people are prepared to pay. Although I must say the owners are ploughing a massive amount of money back into the park.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I was highlighting the reality of business economics. It's nothing to do with a site warranting their highprices, it's much more to do with gullability and desperation.

When I was working, and we took our son on holiday, we were prepared to pay whatever it took so that we all had a good time.

Nowadays we'd much rather use CLs at

May 21, 2008
Visit site
It's simple

Don't pay to stay and feel ripped off.

I try not to go away at bank holidays for two reasons

1/ The cost is hiked up.

2/ People everywhere.

I know the vast majority of those who work, realy have no choice , but then the park owners capitalise on that.

Shop around a bit and you can get a good deal. I only pay

Apr 18, 2005
Visit site
I have been complaining about this very subject caravanning4u .It is not always possible for families to get out of paying these high prices when they have children. The major sites put prices sky high when the kids are off school and this puts people like myself on a pension at difficulty. If we want to holiday with our children and grandchildren we have to pay these prices .

Jan 10, 2006
Visit site
Hi

One of the reasons i bought my tourer was the price holiday companies in the uk are now charging to hire static vans/apartments/cottages i bought my tourer last july and it has paid for itself in what ive saved on holidays let me explain there are my wife and i and five kids of varying ages in my family we like to go to different parts of the uk and see different places we have done the packed on a plane package hol abroad and its not our thing i agree adding extras to your site fees like extra people and awnings can be annoying but there are still bargains to be had if you look for example i had a week at easter in porth beach newquay for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts