high road tax !!

May 15, 2007
Visit site
I have a Nissan elgrand v6 3.5 and it has been converted to LPG. I get 15mpg on petrol and LPG and 13 /14 when towing. I only put petrol in once or twice a year at most. So i do me best to cut down emissions but my road tax which is the high rate not reduced even though my emissions have. is this fair ?

LPG is about half the price of petrol so i am getting 30mpg for the money if i use petrol.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
GrahamDerby said:
I have a Nissan elgrand v6 3.5 and it has been converted to LPG. I get 15mpg on petrol and LPG and 13 /14 when towing. I only put petrol in once or twice a year at most. So i do me best to cut down emissions but my road tax which is the high rate not reduced even though my emissions have. is this fair ?

LPG is about half the price of petrol so i am getting 30mpg for the money if i use petrol.

It would be virtually impossible to judge how many miles you do on petrol and how many on gas. Just live with the fact that when running on gas you are getting cheap miles.

May 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi . The car starts on petrol and within a mile it changes on to LPG , this is from cold overnight, once its warm its on gas all the time so i only fill the petrol once a year and its not fully empty anyway. So 1 mile per day and i don't go out every day .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts