High-vis jackets in Spain

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The magazine of the Civil Service Motoring Association states that it is now a legal requirement in Spain and Italy not only to have (and wear when leaving the vehicle at the roadside) high-vis jackets, but to carry one for each seat in the vehicle, not just one per passenger. Thus I should have 5 rather than the two (driver and passenger) that I currently have.

Ican find no confirmatin of this on any other website. Is anyone able to confirm or deny this requirement please (leaving for Spain next weekend, so would be very helpful to know) Thanks

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Hello Ray. I was under the impression that you require a jacket for each passenger not for each seat. I bought two in Spain last year at local supermarket.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I was in Majorca at the beginning of December. I hired a car for the duration we were there and was not issued with a Yellow jacket. I also saw numerous vehicles broken down and non of the drivers had Yellow jackets on.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
There is no requirement to carry high-vis jackets as such in Spain. It only applies to occupants leaving the vehicle. So, if only the driver gets out and everyone else stays seated, you will only need one jacket.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ray the law is you need a Hi Vis for any person who leaves the car in a break down situation,so i suggest that you carry one for each passenger they are not heavy or bulky, but can save you a heafty fine also you need a triangle and a fire ex.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts