His Windyship is back.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hello you peasants, I'm back :O) OMG sighs and groans I hear, hehheh! Well not back fulltime, I'm still in my van at Luckshall but enjoying every minute of it. I met Joby and his lovely ladywife who were on the site last weekend and its always a pleasure to find that people are as nice in real life as they are on the forum :O) Nice to meet you Jobe and may your keepnet always be full of Barbel ;O)

I will have my home back by December 1st, when my daughter and her tribe have vacated it and gone to live in their new home so I will have a lot of reading to catch up on and be prepared for some of the more controversial threads to be resurrected lmaooo.

Oooops, I nearly forgot⇦ waves at His Moddyship and wonders if he missed me ;O) hehheh!

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Praise the Lord for he hath returned (again)

Nice to have you back Lord B ,this caravanning lark sounds a bit permanant to me , any chance of doing my drive for me ;O)

How are fixed for Sherwood at Easter ,would be nice if you could join us, tell our fortunes or something ;O)

Brian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Welcome back L.B. The Mighty Moddyship has been very quite recently, we think he/she/omnipresent is asleep. I have even withdrawn my application for Moddy 5 due to the lack of people to chastise.

So, alarm bells at the ready.......

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lord B,

I walked past the site at Lucksall a couple of weeks ago - on the other bank. If I'd known you were there I'd have waved. I assume one of the gin palaces (geddit - palaces) was yours? Were you one of the fishermen I saw crouching on the bank? On reflection, silly question - you will have minions to do the crouching for you.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Lord B,

I walked past the site at Lucksall a couple of weeks ago - on the other bank. If I'd known you were there I'd have waved. I assume one of the gin palaces (geddit - palaces) was yours? Were you one of the fishermen I saw crouching on the bank? On reflection, silly question - you will have minions to do the crouching for you.
Hi Jo, unfortunately I haven't been fishing because my rods are either in my garage or in one of two sheds. All are stacked up with the belongings of my daughter and her tribe so I have no chance of retrieving them.

I do crouch when nature calls Jo, haven't trained my underlings to accomplish that for me yet - hehheh!

I must ask a question though, what on earth were you doing on the opposite riverbank, was it during the Wye Championship?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Praise the Lord for he hath returned (again)

Nice to have you back Lord B ,this caravanning lark sounds a bit permanant to me , any chance of doing my drive for me ;O)

How are fixed for Sherwood at Easter ,would be nice if you could join us, tell our fortunes or something ;O)

Brian
Thank you Brian. I'm no clearer with what Her Ladyship is doing regarding work regarding the meet. Unfortunately she hasn't retired and persists in going so as to keep me in the manner I'm accustomed to ;O). The one problem I see though is Sherwood Forest Park is only 2 miles from my mothers and the home I was brought up in and she would expect me to spend all my time with her and rest of my family. I have a brother who also lives 2 miles away at Clipstone and 2 sisters who live at Mansfield Woodhouse, about 5 miles away. The site is nice though with no traffic noise. There is a pool there to fish also but dont bother fishing the River Maun like Ive seen some do while staying there, theres never been fish in there to my knowledge since I was a kid.

Unless they have built a new ones my main complaint for those who use the facilities would be the waste/toilet disposal points, probably the worse that Ive seen anywhere.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Welcome back L.B. The Mighty Moddyship has been very quite recently, we think he/she/omnipresent is asleep. I have even withdrawn my application for Moddy 5 due to the lack of people to chastise.

So, alarm bells at the ready.......
Thank you Lol, nice to be back. If you are successful with the Moddyship 5 position could you please email me when the Moddyship 6 position comes up and I'll cross your palms with silver if you put a word in for me ;O) Gawd, I'm already feeling the sense of power.

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo, unfortunately I haven't been fishing because my rods are either in my garage or in one of two sheds. All are stacked up with the belongings of my daughter and her tribe so I have no chance of retrieving them.

I do crouch when nature calls Jo, haven't trained my underlings to accomplish that for me yet - hehheh!

I must ask a question though, what on earth were you doing on the opposite riverbank, was it during the Wye Championship?
Nah... just out for a walk on a beautiful Sunday morning. We started at Holme Lacy and did a round trip - only about 3 miles as I'm very unfit these days!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hello Emmerson, yes I will be there. I'm booked until they close on the 30th of this month. My daughter has been told that her house now won't be ready now until about the 14th December so today I've booked into The Paddocks at Holme Lacy from 30.11 until 18.12. which was a bad mistake :O( because on the 18th I start jury service so not a good day to move the caravan hehheh!

Christmas has been cancelled this year for Her Ladyship and I, also for my daughter and family if they finally manage to move then.

The Paddocks is a CL and someone on this forum a long time ago said they had been there and it was nice. Its on the http://www.5van.co.uk/ site.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Wecome back Lord Brayewnde

I missed you a bit and wounder if you are still interested in come on the Easter Meet if so email the Mod and let him now and I send you the bits.

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Emmerson, yes I will be there. I'm booked until they close on the 30th of this month. My daughter has been told that her house now won't be ready now until about the 14th December so today I've booked into The Paddocks at Holme Lacy from 30.11 until 18.12. which was a bad mistake :O( because on the 18th I start jury service so not a good day to move the caravan hehheh!

Christmas has been cancelled this year for Her Ladyship and I, also for my daughter and family if they finally manage to move then.

The Paddocks is a CL and someone on this forum a long time ago said they had been there and it was nice. Its on the http://www.5van.co.uk/ site.
Herself and I will be passing through around lunchtime on Friday. If you're on site, it would be good to meet. I seem to recall a good pub in Mordiford. Perhaps for lunch? I used to pass the Paddocks every day in a previous life. It certainly looked well cared for.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Herself and I will be passing through around lunchtime on Friday. If you're on site, it would be good to meet. I seem to recall a good pub in Mordiford. Perhaps for lunch? I used to pass the Paddocks every day in a previous life. It certainly looked well cared for.
Awwww what a pity Emmerson :O(

- Her Ladyship is working on the Friday (she normally works Mon-Thurs) to cover for one of her colleagues who needs the day off and I will be at home because they are coming to replace the front door that got damaged. It would have been nice to have a chat, perhaps hopefully another time.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Awwww what a pity Emmerson :O(

- Her Ladyship is working on the Friday (she normally works Mon-Thurs) to cover for one of her colleagues who needs the day off and I will be at home because they are coming to replace the front door that got damaged. It would have been nice to have a chat, perhaps hopefully another time.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Wecome back Lord Brayewnde

I missed you a bit and wounder if you are still interested in come on the Easter Meet if so email the Mod and let him now and I send you the bits.

Mark
Thank you Mark :O) Unfortunately I have the problem of Her Ladyship still working which is a pain in the reticulum at times. I can't give an answer until nearer the date and even then I can't guarantee on being able to come because the Boss is trying to get 3 weeks off at once so we can go to the north west of Scotland, sorry mate :O(

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi all , i am a bit late with this post ,as we are trying to move house ,we went to a lovely site that my wife and i go to a few miles out side Hereford ,i was relaxing in the van when i spotted a couple walking along with 3 small dogs ,they had a look of nobility about them ,so i said to my wife that must be Lord B ,so i left my van and followed them ,not knowing what to say say when i caught up with them ,i mean how do you say to a compleat stranger are you lord braykewynde without trying to be offensive ,but when i saw the lords crest on the van i new i had the right person ,after a bow and curtsy ,my wife and i found them both very nice people ,and hope we meet them again have a nice Xmas Mr & Mrs Lord B

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
hehheh! Joby, I bet the velvet cushions for the dogs also gave me away.

I was thinking of our discussion the other day about fishing and when the river is in flood. The Dace were on the top feeding proving you were right, how I wished I had my rod.

I hope you and your good ladywife have a lovely Christmas and the house move goes without hitch. Our Christmas has been cancelled this year because the way things are going we will still be in the van. I don't really mind though because my birthday is Christmas day so I'll cancel that and stay the same age ;O)

TRENDING THREADS