Hitchlock for winterhoff stabiliser?

Jul 4, 2006
Visit site
Hi All

i have just fitted a winterhoff stabiliser which I purchased from a nice gentleman through the Caravan Club online trader. I am looking for some advice on which hitchlock to get fit this as my old bulldog does not now fit.

All ideas and comments welcomed!

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Hi Magnus

Robstop make a lock just for the Winterhoff,this is pretty good.

Bulldog also make one but this goes around the hitch not through it like the Robstop.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
magnus, be aware that there is an earlier version of the Winterhoff which has a release lever fitted and the current version that dosn't. Not all locks sold fit both variants.

Jul 4, 2006
Visit site
magnus, be aware that there is an earlier version of the Winterhoff which has a release lever fitted and the current version that dosn't. Not all locks sold fit both variants.
Thanks Ray

I don't think my stabiliser has a release lever but I am not sure!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Magnus,

I have used both locks on my 2005 model Compass. Please be aware that when fitting any locks,hitch or wheel you are only buying time as the determined thief will stop at nothing to remove it.

I liked the Robstop for its compact size and ease to use. However I now use the Bulldog lock, although slightly more difficult to fit,as it looks a bit more substantial. I also put the grey/black leads inside the "U" clamp before before replacing the top prior to inserting the lockable pin.

Hope this helps..

Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts