Hiya From Gainsborough

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey there everyone. Me (Lee) and Ellie are new to all this. In fact we are that new we aint got ourselves a caravan yet!!! We have a 2006 Vectra 1.9CDTI 150HP and I've had a witter towbar and electrics fitted to her but we aint sure which caravan would suit this car. We would like a 6 berth as we are wanting to increase our family from one child to possibly three and we have 2 dogs and we've been lookng at Bailey Ranger 550 6 berths as they have fixed bunks at the back. However, I'm not too sure if that gives us enough room with the towing weight as they are about 1060/1250KG and a friend said that could a bit too high, even if we get a roof box to increase our kerb weight. Does anyone out there have any advice on which caravan would be suitable?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Lee and Ellie, welcome to the Practical Caravan forum.
With regard to your query about the Vectra 1.9 CDTI and Bailey Ranger 550/6 combination the Whattowcar website suggests that on the data provided a Bailey Ranger 550/6 will be a perfect towing match.
You have chosen the right forum to ask questions before you buy, our friendly forum members are always happy to help with advice.
Good luck with the quest for a caravan and I hope that you will enjoy using this forum to find out about all aspects of caravanning.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Lee and Ellie, big warm welcome to the forum and you have got your first bit of advice already
smiley-smile.gif

I'm sure you will enjoy your new found freedom, its a great life, enjoy
7.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi boggie. welcome to the forum and hopefullly quite soon to caravanning. Looking for a van is great fun, take your time and don't discount any make or layout in your weight range until you have got in and out of lots. Keep posting and let us know how you get on.
mel

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi and thanks to you all in replying
smiley-smile.gif

We are really enjoying looking at caravans and we can't wait to finally find 'the one'. We've visited one trader and found it very useful and we intend to to visit a couple more before finally committing to purchasing. However, we deffo feel that the style, layout and weight of the Bailey Ranger is the one for us
smiley-wink.gif

Bring on March when we buy one before the summer season
smiley-cool.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Click Here to have a look at the Used Caravan Buyers Guide. Use the buttons and links to provide a step by step guide on what to look out for when buying a used caravan either privately or from a caravan dealer.
There are some good well maintained caravans out there, but there is also overpriced rubbish which would be a waste of your money and a nightmare to own. The guide will provide the information that you will need to make a good buy. If in doubt ask on the forum, we see occasional horror stories from new buyers who were not aware of the help and advice that is freely available, but buying a damp shed is completely avoidable when you know what to look for
smiley-wink.gif

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Lee and Ellie Welcome to the practical caravan forum i think you have pick a winner with a Bailey Ranger 550 /6 that should suit you down to the ground .

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Well in the end we have bought a 2004 Adria Altea 502DK which suits us down to the ground and we've had a few short breaks over the last few months and here comes the big one. We are off to The Dales for the weekend to do the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge for the Firefighters Charity

I'll post the pics of the Adria as soon as I've uploaded some :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts