Hobbies

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
(quote) It gets a lot worse for me Dean, I drive 4x4, have a dog, tow a twin axle, have windbreaks, like BBQ's and beer, drive a white van for work, and if I get the chance don't get out of my "pit" before 11 o'clock in the morn. Seems I'm a badass with no moral fortitude. Apart from being a hideous off-roader that strikes fear into everyone (my wife says I'm no good at sarcasm, and I agree)(wow, I am good at this) that you encounter, have you got any hobbies Dean?(/quote)

Blimey, kindred spirits LOL!

I have a choice of 2 Land Rover products.

Have a dog.

I really want a twin axle 'van, but finances say otherwise.

Already have several windbreaks and built my own, much talked about at Billing, beer keg bbq.

I Was a 'white van' man (well pick-up actually).

Gulf war joke: What's the difference between a white van man and a scud missile?

About 3 mph!

11am! You are such an early riser, you need to relax!!

With regard to hobbies:

I love warplanes, and recently enjoyed a LR club outing to Duxford, my first visit since '81.

Driving and marshalling offroad events, after all that's what LR's are for.

Greenlaning as above.

The internet, because it's good for a laugh and yet a serious source of knowledge.

Jigsaws.

I know there's more but that's more than enough ammo for now.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Deano

What about a Forum for caravanners that do JigSaws?

We Swap Jigsaws with others when we have finnished. We could form the "Swinging Jigsaw Caravanners"

Bring your own Donkey

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My youngest found an internet site where you can download jigsaws to do on your poot. Brilliant idea.

Caravan jigsaw swap meets!

Billing Aquadrome Jigsaw swaparama.

Oh yes I can definitely see it catching on.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Deano

What about a Forum for caravanners that do JigSaws?

We Swap Jigsaws with others when we have finnished. We could form the "Swinging Jigsaw Caravanners"

Bring your own Donkey
Hi Clive - with suggestions like these you could be accused of making an "ass" of yourself.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Now there's an issue. How can some-one who prefers to be anonymous have access to our email adresses without our permission?

Can you please let me know who your IT security officer is please? I have some legal questions.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
In the forum Admin Control the moderator can see each day's posts and the login email address of the poster. This is necessary in case the moderator needs to contact a forum user if there is a problem with one of his/her posts.

If you wish to contact someone at PCV about this, there is a "Contact Practical Caravan" link at the bottom of every page of the website (except the forum!).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh dear. I was hoping you would say that you can post emails without the knowledge of the email address.

As a member of the public that has not been through a security check or had to sign any confidentiality agreements, there is a breach of trust here.

I did not enter my email adress for it to be distributed to unknown people. I trusted the web site and it has been broken.

Can the real moderator step in here and provide me with the name of the IT security officer please? This is serious stuff now.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Un fortunatly Pete it does not work like that. Forums are managed by the company or person supplying them AND their agents. this means they can ask anyone to moderate and your only way to object is to ask for your account to be removed.

The agent is subject to the same data protection rules as the company, but thats true of all forums run and managed in the UK.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
sorry, but under UK law the company can select agents for its work.

Also, I seem to remember that a subscription was offered to the new mod and as such that is payment for services and will be recognized by any court.

I have spent a lot of time working with the information commissioners in Wilmslow both on understanding the data protection act and designing and implementing some of their systems.

Forums in the UK could not work without the help of moderators, either working for them or not.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stinky

Read this - you should have before you even used this Forum:-

Privacy Policy

All information on this site is copyright Practical Caravan 2005. Reproduction in whole or in part or any text, photograph or illustration without the written permission of the publisher is strictly prohibited.

Data Protection

1. Haymarket is registered under, and will process your personal data in accordance with, data protection legislation.

2. You hereby agree that the Registration Information (and all updates of the Registration Information) and any other information sent to Haymarket by you or otherwise obtained by Haymarket about you ("the Personal Data") may be processed by Haymarket for the purposes of:

a) processing your requests;

b) providing you with information by email or other means;

c) providing you with information about products and services of Haymarket and other parties;

d) providing a personalised service;

e) maintaining accounts and records;

f) administration of membership records;

g) statistical analysis and conducting market research surveys;

h) assessing and evaluating the use that is being made of the Site; and

i) information and databank compilation and administration.

3. THE PROCESSING OF THE PERSONAL DATA MAY INVOLVE HAYMARKET DISCLOSING YOUR DETAILS TO REGULATORY BODIES AND/OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES. If you do not wish your Personal Data to be disclosed in this manner, please make this clear by sending an appropriately worded message to pcvforum@templenet.co.uk

4. You also consent to the transfer, storage and processing of the Personal Data to/in countries outside the European Economic Area in connection with the processing mentioned above. Your Personal Data may therefore be processed in countries where the rights and benefits conferred on data subjects may not be as favourable as in the UK and the European Union. If you would prefer not to have your Personal Data transferred in this way, please make this clear by sending an appropriately worded message to pcvforum@templenet.co.uk

5. The Site uses cookies for collecting user information and the data collected in this way may be processed in the same way as other data submitted to Haymarket (and outlined above) and for the same purposes.

6. From time to time we may also notify you of other goods and/or services offered by Haymarket or others. If you prefer not to receive such offers or details, or if you do not wish your Personal Data to be processed in the manner outlined above, please make this clear by sending an appropriately worded message to pcvforum@templenet.co.uk

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Seems pretty clear, Clive is correct, you need to take a break Stinky. Your feeling the same as I did the weekend before, backed into a corner, and no support, and I only had it for a weekend. If your really interested in caravanning, you will get back on to the straight and narrow, talking about caravan related topics. You're not going to influence anyone to not buy a 4x4 if that person wants one. Likewise we are not going to see you turn up in a Toyota Amazon. You can be a funny chap Stinky, I know from previous posts, perhaps it's time to let this go and just get on with the reason we all post here. I would like to see you at the "meet", alone with the rest of the gang, so how about it, let by gone's be by gone's? (What a daft expression that is, who thunk that one up?)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
It gets a lot worse for me Dean, I drive 4x4, have a dog, tow a twin axle, have windbreaks, like BBQ's and beer, drive a white van for work, and if I get the chance don't get out of my "pit" before 11 o'clock in the morn. Seems I'm a badass with no moral fortitude. Apart from being a hideous off-roader that strikes fear into everyone (my wife says I'm no good at sarcasm, and I agree)(wow, I am good at this) that you encounter, have you got any hobbies Dean?
OMGGGGGGGG Lol's a white van man.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
One of my hobbies through caravanning is to download or scan vintage photos of places in the U.K. to my computer. When on site wherever, I then try to find that location and take a photo of it now. After cropping the photo, sepia or greyscaling the image and adding text I then print "Then & Now" photos. I find this rewarding not only in the satisfaction of finding these places but we also get to see lots of villages etc. that we wouldn't normally visit because they are off the beaten tourist tracks. Having just got back today from 5 days in Minehead we drove 100s of miles around the villages hunting down these old Somerset images. Friday we are off to Blenheim Palace for 5 days and have about 250 photos of Oxfordshire villages to hunt down there.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Pauline here my hobbie is dog training I get lots of time to do this when we are away in the caravan, we have just got a new puppy she is a 5mth old gsd we have had her from 6 weeks..

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Oh dear. I was hoping you would say that you can post emails without the knowledge of the email address.

As a member of the public that has not been through a security check or had to sign any confidentiality agreements, there is a breach of trust here.

I did not enter my email adress for it to be distributed to unknown people. I trusted the web site and it has been broken.

Can the real moderator step in here and provide me with the name of the IT security officer please? This is serious stuff now.
I take my job very seriously. I have never and would never disclose one member's email address to anyone else without their permission (as in passing them on to Lisa for the 'meet' at their request).

The IT manager is Kevin Madden kevin.madden@haynet.com.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Hobbies

My family

Photography - landscape, wildlife and still life

MotorBikes, both big and fast and medium and only fast offroad

Off road driving

Films - a good one takes your mind off any worries

The dog, 6 mths old and still a puppy

Sci-fi books

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts