Hobby 560 WFU question

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi i'm looking to buy a Hobby caravan & just have one question that I cant find the answer.
With this type of caravan can you fit an awning on to them, i'm presuming you can as it does come with as it says in the website it comes with an awning light.
Cheers
Ken

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
Yes but with one downside. We have the Hobby 545 (similar layout to the 560) and I notice that the toilet cassette door is on the awning side, which means emptying the cassette from inside the awning.

If you are about to buy an awning, think about how you want it setup inside in terms of inner tents etc as you could find it difficult otherwise.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The door on the other side could cause problems with the fire break on some sites. Your awning could then be facing the awning of the next caravan reducing the fire break and that may require you to turn the caravan so that it is nose in. It is not a major issue but you need to be aware of that.

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
The Hobby 560, like our 545 has no windows at the rear of the van, so could be less than ideal if parked the other way. Plus, these vans are big and fairly heavy, so unless you have a motor mover, parking them the opposite way around could be very difficult unless you can use the tow car and gain access to the pitch from the other side.

Probably not ideal, but there is an awning rail on both sides of the caravan, so if you don't mind walking outside and around the caravan, there is a solution for the sites that have issues with this. I did notice that while they have an awning rail or track on the opposite side, there is no slot to feed the awning into the track! Shouldn't be a huge task to add a slot with a hacksaw blade though. ;)

We bought a bigger caravan than we needed so we could negate the need to have an awning.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts