Hobby Caravans

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking into buying another caravan.Do Hobby caravans not hold there price very well or am i just finding alot of con men selling rubbish vans?There seem to be alot of very cheap Hobby caravans about, i'm seeing 2007 vans for £1800!!!!!!It must be a con....right?

Apr 2, 2005
Visit site
Keith,

Be careful when buying a hobby as some are to big for uk roads. Also there are a few caravan sites that I know of that will not allow hobby vans on site as they are sometimes associated with travellers.

G

Hobby vans are well made and have become very popular with the Dutch, although they tend to pick sizes around 6 meters total length, so about small to mid size. Not the large twin axle vans which can be the cause for concern among site owners.

I would have thought that if you picked one that obviously loloked like a tourer, not a home from home, then you should ahve no problems. Try not to tow it with a Trannie van for even less suspicion.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Hobby caravans are considered to be pretty average sort of run-of-the-mill caravan on the German market, where they are built. Good value for money, but nothing to write home about.

Nov 20, 2007
Visit site
Keith,

1800 quid for a 2007 Hobby is definately suspicious, the Hobby does seem to be good value for money when compared with british vans but this could change when the 'possible' adaptation to the EU towing width law comes into operation in April. Which would mean that some of the wider Hobby's would be legal to tow on UK roads...

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Where i store my van they wont entertain hobbys as they attract the dids these are very often nicked by them so be careful in wot you buy and from who

TRENDING THREADS