Hoburne Cotswold - flooding?

Oct 11, 2005
Visit site
Anyone been to Hoburne Cotswold this weekend? Am booked in there tomorrow, but fear the site may be suffering from the dreaded floods. No answer from the site, nor from email - anyone know the state of the place and access roads?

Cheers.....

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
jeff, i know that evesham and tewkesbury are under water and the river seven is about to break its banks. the cotswold area isnt that far from evesham and tewkesbury. imo i would even attempt it and wold go somewhere nearer home but that deapends where you live.

jo-anne

Oct 11, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Jo-anne! My thoughts exactly...

The site have said that it's OK there, but it's very close to the Thames and is surrounded by lakes. With more heavy rain due today, I'm gonna leave it until tomorrow before I make the decision.

Apr 3, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Jo-anne! My thoughts exactly...

The site have said that it's OK there, but it's very close to the Thames and is surrounded by lakes. With more heavy rain due today, I'm gonna leave it until tomorrow before I make the decision.
I have a resident where i work that has a static caravan sited at Evesham & she has lost everything as the water is halfway up the windows & she has it on the stilled platform, apparently the whole site is under water.

They cannot even go over to the site as the roads to it are in accessible.

Apr 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jeff

We are off to Hoburne Cotswolds on Saturday and we are worried about the flooding as well. Like you i have tried to contact the park but there has been no reply.

Have you heard anymore from the park about their situation regarding the flooding? It would be great top know what we are going up to! The more i watch the news the more worried i am getting about the state of the pitch!

Donna

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ref Cotswold Hobourne,I live in south Cerney not far from site and drove past this morning. Everything is bone dry , we did have some flooding in the village last Friday when it threw it down but all is well now. I have the River Churn which runs through the village at the end of my garden and it is high but not threatening.

There may be isolated ponds on the site but should be fine.

GRALD

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
I have a resident where i work that has a static caravan sited at Evesham & she has lost everything as the water is halfway up the windows & she has it on the stilled platform, apparently the whole site is under water.

They cannot even go over to the site as the roads to it are in accessible.
i saw a static site on the news and everybody has lost everything.

Apr 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi.

According to the BBC Website, Silver street in South Cerney is shut and so is part of the A419. How does this affect access to the park and the surrounding areas.

Thanks

Paul

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Re Pauls enquiry about South Cerney, Silver Street is not closed nor is the A419. Both are very dry!

To approach the site come down the A419 to the Spine Road junction, which is clearly named , and turn down the Spine Road heading west. Do not turn into the village at the first junction but continue approx half a mile to the next turning and you will see Cotswold Hoburne signed to your right, after about 100 metres the entrance is on your left.

GERALD

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
These lakes are old quarry pits and as such do not form part of the local area drainage system like the rivers.

You have to remember that the Severn through Tewkesbury and Gloucester is draining thousands of square miles of land and a lot of the land flooded has always been part of the floodplain.

I think that it would take a raising of the water table to flood the Cotswold Water Park lakes, I am happy to be corrected if someone has better knowledge, but that is the way I see it at present.

On the local news tonight they said that builders were aware that they were building on land that regularly flooded, if that is the case it should be the builders paying up not the tax payer.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Garry is quite correct in his assumption, the lakes are no more than worked out gravel and sand excavations in the area. There are now over seventy "lakes" in the area.They have risen in level but that is because of the high water table at the moment due to the rainfall levels. We have started today excavating the footings for a new extension to our house and this evening since the pumps have been switched off the trench is full of water to within 400mm of the top, this indicates the level of the water table but tomorrow we will pump the water out and concrete in then we will be OK. Fingers crossed!

GERALD

Oct 11, 2005
Visit site
Well............decided to take the plunge, as it were, on Monday. The site said all was well, but upgraded us to a superior pitch, to get us out of any mud that may be on the standard pitches. Trip there was easy, except for the terrible site directions taking us through every hamlet known to man!

Site was dry, so all well re flooding. For some strange reason, the site shop gave away bottled water during the week, despite the site saying there was no problem with the drinking water.

The site was excellent and I have no hesitation in recommending it. Very family-oriented, with lots for the kids to do, and good entertainment. Special mention to the state of the toilets/washing facilities - as good as Caravan Club standard.

We had such a good time, we extended our stay there.

Highly recommended.....

TRENDING THREADS