Hoddom castle caravan park

Apr 21, 2007
Visit site
have just returned from having a long weekend at this lovely site at the outskirts of Lockerbie. Looked up another web forum to see reviews and looks like everyone had the same idea's as my self very surprised at how quiet this site was for the school break has anyone else been here and what did you think

i would return for a long weekend as its close to home. great for shopping at the Gretna outlet and shopping in Dumfries.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
J&G

I agree - lovely site. One of the very few commercial sites I will go on. I have been 3 times this year and am going again this weekend before it closes. I like it as I can park up and walk down and play golf so easily and it is a pleasant park. My friend goes as well but he goes fishing and the girls just chat and sup the wine!!

Apr 21, 2007
Visit site
J&G

I agree - lovely site. One of the very few commercial sites I will go on. I have been 3 times this year and am going again this weekend before it closes. I like it as I can park up and walk down and play golf so easily and it is a pleasant park. My friend goes as well but he goes fishing and the girls just chat and sup the wine!!
sounds like the girls have the best deal. hope you have a great weekend.

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
We stopped off at Hoddom Castle on the way to Blackpool last weekend and I have to say it was very nice. The walks in the surrounding wood were lovely and the fishing spots at the river looked promising.

I expect we'll be returning at some point next year but for a stay of a few days at least!

I know it was near to the end of their season and the site wasn't full but I was also surprised as to how quiet it was given how many 'vans there were there.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
60 North - which weekend, the one just gone with the 16 hour rain shower on Saturday!? We were there. It is always quite quiet and peaceful even when busy. i think the staic lads had a bit of an end of term party on saturday in the bar but it really is a nice site. I always enjoy it although unfortunately the golf course was closed due to conditions and the quarry my mate fishes on was up avout 14 frret so he could not fish either!

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
David

We were there Sat 18th/ Sun 19th so we missed that rain :)

But we were in Aberdeen this weekend just passed with the gale force winds :(

Home now and keeping everything battened down as we have blizzard conditions with storm force winds forecast for today.

Brrrrr... :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts