holiday help!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are planning to go to Brittany (or that area) next summer but have never been abroad with the van before. Where is the best place to go for a good clean site and near to beaches. We've got three kids under the age of 6 so dont want to do a lot of travelling to beach, town, etc. Where is the best place to sail from/to? All help would be much appreciated. thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try Camp Du Letty at Benodet - the site hedge is the boundary to the beach. The site is very clean and staff can understand English. The site is subdivided into small areas suitable for six outfits to each. The best crossing for this area in my opinion would be Plymouthto Roscoff and then travel down to Quimper and on to Benodet. The roads are dual carraigeway and in excellent condition - far better than British roads. Make enquiries with Select Sites of Abergaveny - they will arrange everything apart from conversion of money to Euros and passports. The ferry crossing is approx. six hours and can be part of the holiday. If you have a night crossing book a cabin - well worth the extra costs - do not go for the reclining seats - very uncomfortable and noisey. Good luck and enjoy yourselves.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ange,

I think Camping Port l"Epine in Trelevern, Brttany, would be ideal for you. It has a pool and excellent children's playground with sand underfoot and has its own pebbly beach and another sandy one literally 2 mins, walk. Lots of rock pools etc. to explore. Our granchildren ( 1 and 4) came with us last year and loved it, as we do. Stunning scenery, clean friendly site.

We have sailed Portsmouth/Cherbourg, also viia Caen and it is an easy 4 hr. drive with plenty of stopping places.We book through Alan Rogers but the 2 main clubs also have it in their brochures. Do check it out, I'm sure you would love it.

Good luck...

PS Plymouth/ Roscoff is the nearest cossing, depending where you live.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ange, whatever you do, always book direct. UK operators will charge you about twice what you need to pay direct to your chosen site. Try www.Ferrybookers.co.uk for the ferry, then use Google or similar to search for a site where you want to stay. Most French sites will give you a 10% "reduction" for a 2 week stay. We've found sites advertised at say

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Our first trip to France was booked with the CC at Ty Nadan, just over the hour from the Roscoff ferry. This remains one of my favourites in France. Still in the CC & the C&CC Europe holiday guides. Driving out of Roscoff is easy as it is south of the town and you are very quickly into very well signposted traffic free ropad system.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hiya we went this year for the 1st time to brittany with 3 kids made the mistake of going dover-calais, but the site we stayed at was great direct access to the beach and also a good pool for the kids and we have 2 babies. Stayed at les pres verts in concarneau we booked last year with caravan club, but noticed that select-sites (www.select-sites.co.uk) do it also. I would recommend that you do plymouth roscoff with the kids as there is more for them to do for 6hrs on the ferry than in the car. We have booked for next year but we are going a little further down next year as we are going for 3wks but we have booked with select sites, and they were brilliant really friendly helpful service, only about 1 1/2hr to site from roscoff

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts