Holidays in Ireland

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi while ur in ireland check out the north.euros in eire make everything very expensive etc and the north coast or lough erne/enniskillen area is outstanding and no tow would be over 100 miles from belfast..ps not what u c on tv

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jim .Southern Ireland is beautiful. The campsites all top quality and are around 20euros per night including mains hook up.With the sterling so strong against the euro you will have a very good cheap holiday.If i can contact you some way i can post you information about sites in Ireland as i live in Ireland.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have spent 2 five week periods in Irelend touring. You are in for a treat. If you want a quiet site away from the madding crowd and you have just disembarked at Rosslare, head north of wexfor town to the trading post. Paddy Power the owner will give you a great welcome. it is well placed for the local places to see and is just opposite a great pub. Take a torch if yu intend staying after dark. Travel on tto the orchard site in tipperary county between clonmel and Cahir. Excellent and they sell their own cider etc. They only charge per person.

Kerry of course I stayed at Flesh Muckross Killarney next to the gleneagles hotel right on the doorstep of the national park. You will find all the sites good and a day or two on the ring of Kerry and then the Dingle peninsula will set you up for the year no matter what you passion.

I also stayed at Blarney site 5 miles north of Cork city again a great spot for golf , cycling etc.

West coast and county Clare

Doolin I stayed right out by the sea (Cant remember the name of the site but it was next to the ocean and a 9 hole golf course).

On up to Knock Caavan site as a base for galway, and county Mayo - try Wesport and Matt Molloys pub for a spot of traditional music.

Avoid Shankill Dublin but I'm biased because I like to stay in the sticks mainly

I'm form the north originally so I stay in relatives fields but if you want a great site go to the new caravan and camping club site near Killyleigh County Down. Take in the magic of the mournes Strangford lough newcastle and the ards peninsula. Have a meal in the Slaney Inn Raholp great value and soak up St Patricks country

Anyway if you discover any other gems let me know

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you have young children, I wouldn't bother going, they found Southern Ireland extremely boring, I must admit so did I! Ok if you like drinking in the pubs and looking at scenery all day long.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jim .Southern Ireland is beautiful. The campsites all top quality and are around 20euros per night including mains hook up.With the sterling so strong against the euro you will have a very good cheap holiday.If i can contact you some way i can post you information about sites in Ireland as i live in Ireland.
Here's a link to a good site listing in Southern Ireland, not exhaustive but pretty comprehensive http://www.camping-ireland.ie/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts