hols to France

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
O.K we are amoung the many Brits fleeing our Great Islands in August for France, but I need to confirm a few travelling requirements before hand. These must be hard facts and not suggestions as I am trying to be as minimal as possible this year as we did not use the kitchen sink in the boot the Year before last.

Do the French Still require the following for travelling in France.

Warning Triangle

Bulb Kit

Beam defelectors

First aid kit

Fire extinguisher

Green Card

Any others that are mandatory that I may have missed, the French change the law's as they go to bed so just checking we are up to date.

Rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Check with your insurance company on the Green Card issue - some policies need to be extended to give comprehensive cover while abroad, others do not. Everything else you do need, unless your car headlights can be adjusted, in which case you will not need the deflectors. Also, if you wear spectacles for driving, you should take a spare pair. Make sure you have originals (not photocopies) of all your car documents - log book, MOT, insurance.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Check with your insurance company on the Green Card issue - some policies need to be extended to give comprehensive cover while abroad, others do not. Everything else you do need, unless your car headlights can be adjusted, in which case you will not need the deflectors. Also, if you wear spectacles for driving, you should take a spare pair. Make sure you have originals (not photocopies) of all your car documents - log book, MOT, insurance.
Hi Chrissy,

Have ordered green card from insurers already, Have to ware specs all the time and always take spare pair in case I sit or stand on them while in the local bar. Other than that can you think of any other legal requirements. I can't adjust head lamps as they are fixed and no adjuster for side adjustment, just on the vertical.

Thanks Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts