Honda CR-V 2.2CDTi

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone provide feedback on what this vehicle is like for towing (got a 4 berth). Also, I've heard that the rear spare wheel obstructs the ALKO 2004 stabiliser on some 4WDs. Does this mean that I would have to change the stabiliser or can you hook-up with the back door open and then close it after attaching?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dave, I can't speak for the diesel as I have a 2 lt petrol. I thought the diesel wasn't available until March?

I have a Winterhoff 3000 hitch and have no problem hitching up with door closed .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi-Dave.Yes the rear wheel cover does obstruct the operation of the Alco. I had to fit a Winterhoff hitch,but still had restriction problems when opening the rear door.The version you ask about is the new diesel version, I had the petrol 2.0 Petrol and to be honest it could not cope with my Caravan (MIRO 1400KG).I exchanged the CRV after only 6months(bought it new). Fuel consumption was horendous with a return of approx 19ml to the gallon when towing. Another draw back was the nose weight (60KG)

So watch this.If you are looking for a mid size 4x4 as a tow car, there are better on the market. From the CRV I swopped to the Kia Sedona and this Car led the Honda by miles.Be cautious and sum up what you really want. Happy Touring.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts