Honda CRV Diesel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Peter, I cannot comment on the CRV but I have been driving the Accord Tourer with the same 2.2 ltr diesel engine since April and I cannot find a fault with this car. The power, flexibility and smoothness of this engine far exceeds any other diesel I have driven and my last two vehicles were a Freelander TD4 and Mondeo TDCi. I would suggest you arrange a test drive to see what this engine is like in the CRV. Regards Richard S

Jun 9, 2005
Visit site
Peter, I cannot comment on the CRV but I have been driving the Accord Tourer with the same 2.2 ltr diesel engine since April and I cannot find a fault with this car. The power, flexibility and smoothness of this engine far exceeds any other diesel I have driven and my last two vehicles were a Freelander TD4 and Mondeo TDCi. I would suggest you arrange a test drive to see what this engine is like in the CRV. Regards Richard S
Thanks for the info.

I have driven one and it seemed a good drive, smooth, and powerful. I was impressed, but I am concerned that with a caravan attached it could lose it's edge and possibly struggle if the gearing is not really designed for towing, but for commuting.

Once again thatnks for the info on the tourer.

Jun 10, 2005
Visit site
I have owned a CRV diesel for three months but didn't get my tow bar fitted straight away. However it has now been fitted and I took my caravan out for the first time a few weeks ago.

It tows absolutely fantastic, the engine is the quietest diesel on the market. Torque figures are the best in it's class and it has 6 speed gear box and they have now increased the nose weight to 100kg.

Keith.

Jun 9, 2005
Visit site
Thanks, as I said in the comment to Richard, I have driven one solo and was impressed, but I was concerned that the gearing may be aimed at solo work not towing, where it might struggle. You seem to have had no problems Keith.

Many thanks for the input, much appreciated.

Peter

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts